• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 02, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
220596.jpg

Well started pushing snow around, about 7"-8", at my new house. I have to push it all down and out the drive now that I moved into the city. My 1250 was working without much problem, barely a wheel spin without chains and having 295lb hanging off the back. But then I caught a crack in the road and destroyed my blade mount. Broke welds and snapped one bar that goes back. Lucky I have my "OT" tractor as a back up. As soon as I can find my camera I will get some pictures. And the snow is still falling.
bash.gif

sorry.gif
....High today 76......"At least we don't get blizzards....."

My play has been hampered with electrical problems. We are getting it done, but not having much fun at it....

Here's something I haven't seen before. The po must have been a pretty strong fellow.

220608.jpg

Both sides are still in fairly snug...fingers won't budge them.

I see we're going to have to put MAJOR restrictions on pic sizes, it gets old fixing pics 3 or 4 times a day.
bash.gif

Tractor # 604229 Looks like below info is correct. Any views on hydro with internal brakes?

Wayne M., Don T.
Myron Bounds posted a couple of years ago on another forum that according to IH Service Bulletin S-3497, dated 7/11/77, Models 1250, 1450, 1650 changed over to internal wet brakes as follows:
S/N 604164 to 605308, internal wet brakes
S/N 605309 to 605726, external brakes
S/N 605727 and above, internal wet brakes.
He added a note that according to the service bulletin, when the rear castings were modified for the internal wet brakes, the mounting holes for the ID plates were also removed.

Rod, come spring I will get over there to talk Cubs and I'd like to drive one of yours a bit. I would like to get a 1250 or 1450 but I'd like hydraulic lift. Still need to sell one off topic tractor first. Thanks!

Steve T. That 1450 looks familiar.

We had two foot drifts on the west side of the driveway. The neighbor had a drift that was fence high that took the 125/snowthrower and a shovel over a half hour to knock down. At noon when I went to get more gas for the Cubs the streets still were bad. Total snow moving time was around 3 1/2 hours. I am still trying to warm up.

This is in front of the garage at 4:00 a.m.
220638.jpg

The Keepsake 1650 and blade. I love that tractor.
220639.jpg

My snow throwing video.

My wife was operating the camera and changed the angle several times. I have tried to correct it which causes several odd movements.

I know the belt squeals several times. It was brand new and needed adjustment several times. The snow was kind of hard since I used my Cub LoBoy to do some plowing and I used the Cub Cadet to clean up.

This is on a 127 with a CC42 thrower with the speedup pulley from CCSpecialties.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yRrMMPzEyo

One more snow throwing video. This one shows the distance the snow travels a little better.

The snow was tightly packed from the plow clearing the road. I had to go slow to keep from over stuffing the snow thrower.

If the next snow storm is dry like today's, I will switch back to the original pulley instead of the smaller speed up pulley, just to compare the two.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG4uSE1wk3Q

Mike Fisher,
Nice looking 149,
Why did you bring it out in the snow?
Nice video Paul,
Looks like a good purchase,must have been a nice guy that sold it to you hehehe!!
You should be running that motor at WOT.Are you?
Pretty much that is the way mine was throwing it without the speed up pulley.
I wish my camera was that good,too cheep to buy a new one though.

Yes Lewis, the person who sold that snow thrower was a real gentleman
thumbsup_old.gif
It was in great shape when I got it from you, I hope I don't ruin it.

I was running WOT. I'll get the tach out this weekend and check the RPMs.

bash.gif
bash.gif

No snow blowing here this morning. we got knee deep some places and something let go in my snow blower.Belt turns the gear box and no spin on the inside auger or outside auger.So apart it comes I guess
bash.gif
old.gif

I just got some photos from Paul Andrews of his great looking Cub Cadets. Here they are, enjoy.

220657.jpg

220658.jpg

220659.jpg

220660.jpg

220661.jpg

220662.jpg

Paul V., nice videos, you have that Cub Cadet and thrower working great.
happy.gif

Thanks Kraig,
Yes that is the NLA quiet kit muffler, baffle and carb isolater on the one, I have another kit to install on #2 sure makes them quieter.
I just wanted to thank all the forum members for helping me along they way. I know they look like garage queens but these two 149's have worked hard at the cabin all thier life!
Thanks guys
Paul

Latest posts

Back