• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 01, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ted S.
Welcome to the forum.
thumbsup_old.gif

I'm going to bed now, but when I need you or someone to tell me what the heck your talkin about with that "convertable top motor and cylinders".
biggrin.gif

All this seat time I have been getting on the 71 pushing snow has me wanting to do some plowing...

76656.jpg

Todd, I prefer pushing wet snow with my 42" blade on a 127 with tire chains. I have a gravel driveway.

When the snow is fluffy, a lot tends to come off the blade on the leading side. Then I have to make another pass to clean that line. Maybe I need to remove the rust and paint the face of the blade.

Rick G. -

I dunno, I kinda like it. Reminds me of a VW...

Charlie,

I think Ted is talking about the electric motor and hydraulic cylinder for a car convertible top.

I spent about three hours yesterday afternoon (ALL schools were closed around here) clearing my drive, the sidewalk down the length of our block, three neighbor's drive aprons, and one gigantic drive at a neighbor's house. Last time I was clearing the sidewalk, the guy's wife was out trying to clean it with a snow shovel. It hadn't been touched yesterday, so I cleaned it off. I'd guess it's about 24 feet wide and 40 feet long from the sidewalk. I wish Sue had been home to be able to get some pictures, and I was done by the time I had to go pick her up from work.
I did get to find out how long you can clear heavy snow before you run out of gas. Thankfully, I had a gallon only three houses away...
I had been using the 129 with ags and single weights earlier this winter, but was slipping a lot, so I changed them after the last snow. I put on a pair of 8.5's, each with 5 gallons of RV antifreeze in the tubes, chains, and two 26# IH weights on each wheel. Yesterday, I only slipped two times when pushing a mound about 24-30" high. What an amazing difference. Man, that Kohler was just barking when I'd get the snow piling up over the top of the blade.
I've also been drinking some pretty good microbrews lately, so that's added probably another 5 or so pounds of ballast. Yeah, that's it, I'm not overweight, I'm adding ballast to be able to work better!

I have a loader with the larger "snow" bucket. I am thinking I should upgrade the front spindles/axle to my 123. Will a wide frame front axle fit the 123 without making modifications or does anyone have a better suggestion?
thanks..Joe Donovan

Joe D,
I have a 1450 axle, spindles, and wheels under a NF secret project right now. Fits in the crossmember fine, tie rod clears everything, but I haven't messed with the steering linkage to the box yet. I don't expect any problems, but...

Here is some literature on the Vermeer Post Hole digger For Cub Cadets I posted pictures of yesterday. Got to go out and move the mess we got last eve out of the yard, icy mess, wish it were snow! Eric T
76662.jpg

76663.jpg

76664.jpg

76665.jpg

Joe D.-
I have a 1650 axle in nice shape you can have if you want to pay the shipping. You will need to find some spindles. Eric T

TSmoker thanks for the help. I should have been a little more factual about the motor and the cylinders. i was hoping someone had tried this before. there is nothing on the back of the tractor but a bracket for a trailer ball so i am hopeing that i can build a three point hitch for it and use the hyd motor and cyls since they are fairly cheap at the junk yards. thanks tsanders,

Rick G., Tim, Bryan.....
All I could think of after seeing the red green combo ??? Duct Tape, of course !!!
err.gif

Ted S. Welcome to the Forum. Somewhere quite awhile ago I read somewhere of a person using the type of setup that you are asking about. It was an article from the 1960s and the gentleman used convertible top raise/lower components to make a lift for his Sears garden tractor. I'll do some checking to see if I can find that article.

Ted S. Try this site.... Vintage Farm Plans
and here should be the actual plans... Convertible Top Lift

Then if on the first site you check some of the other sites on the right side you will find this... Forklift

What I did to get this is go to google and typed in <font color="0000ff">convertible top lift on garden tractor.</font>

Oh man... I gotta stop this... Fancy and I have work to do outside. Just one more... for all those wondering what would happend if you took a furnace fan squirrel cage blower and used it for leaves in the fall. Of course... nothing is mentioned if the critter will hold up to the high R.P.M. of a gas engine. Leaf Blower

Kentuck,
I took my advice to you the other day and went to Cub Cadet Classics and ole Chris Westfall sent me a pair of those Firestone Tri-Ribs.
biggrin.gif

76670.jpg

Marlin - It always craks me up to see that forklift with the boat trailer winch mounted on the mower hood
biggrin.gif

Charlie - Which one of these did you get ... and WHICH one is the 18x8.5x8 that I said I needed ?

76674.gif

76675.gif

Oh and Charlie , are your hemroids so baddd that you have to have 2 donuts to sit on ??
76678.gif

KENtuckyKEN. Me, too. I would've used an electric winch and NOT on the hood. Also.... good one 'bout Charlie's hemmorroids.
roflol.gif

Latest posts

Back