• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 31, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
OK, all you guys and gals down Missouri way need to check in and let us know that your still with us!!!!

I just came in from moving snow and heard that the Big Mo got hit pretty hard in spots.

Charlie,
We about drowned here in central MO. 1.42". Have pumps running all over town! Heard about possible
tornado around Fort LENARD WOOD,MO. But I think the worst was from around Springfield back southwest towards Branson and JOPLIN.I think 3 lives were lost in NW ARK.Sad to here anytime,but now,just seems worse.
ROD

WAYNE M - re Alum clutch discs. There's only been one or two people that I've heard of use that style clutch and they said it was more like an ON-OFF switch than a clutch.

With proper setup the OEM friction disc and good flat steel clutch plates, the clutch holds up pretty well. It'll transmit WAY more HP than you'll ever be able to get to the ground with a CC.

We all made it just fine. The weather people are wound up a bit too tight. Most of us got a breeze and a bit of rain. However a few did have fun chasing Dorthy and Toto.

I'm good!
Just rain on my side of town. I've been outside or away from the TV and radio so I haven't heard much about the storms from last night/ this morning.

Keith

I recall a conversation from a year or so ago, but can't find it with my search effort, so here goes...

I'm having a problem with the belt tensioner on my QA42A contiuing to loosen up during use. I think Matt G and someone else used a double-nut somewhere to solve the problem, but I'm clueless. In fact, I'm having trouble understanding how the existing system is supposed to stay tight. I see that it's a left-handed thread, so turning the handle clockwise pushes the adjuster mechanism off the threads. And there's a castle-nut with cotter pin just inside the "mule drive" bracket, but what does it do?

If anyone can tell me how to solve this problem, I'll appreciate it. So far, I haven't ruined my belt, but I have to stop and re-snug the belt every couple of minutes.

GREG - Steve B. (Mr. Plow) had a solution to that problem too. Seems like there were two fixes, a jam nut to lock the adjusting nut/handle, and another fix using a bolt or something to keep it from spinning.

Here's one:

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

By Frank A. Currier(Northern Maine) (Fcurrier) on Thursday, February 07, 2008 - 06:03 pm:
This is my way. However, I'm still blowing belts. Pulleys are aligned. I've been using generic Gates green belts, made in Mexico. To complicate the situation, I've been trying 1/2"x30" and am now wondering if the CC engineers recommended 31" because the belt needs to take quite a shock sometimes. Kent W. told me he's had good luck with Dayco. I'm thinking there's very few snowthrowers in Mexico! To get back to the original subject, I guess it's pretty well decided that the belt loosens by itself if the tightener won't stay put.
Cubbers Without Borders<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

218899.jpg

By Bryan D. McMeen (Bmcmeen) on Thursday, February 07, 2008 - 02:17 pm:

Kraig -

Perhaps you can repost the picture of what I did to my QA42A...

Craig -

Here's what I did. Drilled/tapped a 1/4-20 hole somewhere in the path of the belt tightener handle. Tighten the belt to where you want it, then thread a nut on a 1/4-20 bolt (I think I used a 1.5") and screw the bolt into the hole. Use the nut as a jam nut. Now it will only loosen 1/2 a turn at most as the bolt will stop the tightener's movement.

I know others have done this as well.

EDIT - upon further review, it looks like it was originally SB's idea...<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

By Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos" (Kmcconaughey) on Thursday, February 07, 2008 - 02:38 pm:

Actually it was IH's idea that Steve adapted. <!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

218902.jpg

By Charlie "Digger" Proctor (Cproctor) on Thursday, February 07, 2008 - 02:44 pm:

Well crap!
I can beat that design! <!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

218903.jpg

I had rain but I am just a tad north and east of the hardest rain. I already leveled and smoothed the gravel drive with the sleeve hitch back blade.

Guys IF I was in Newfoundland it would be 2011. I know know I have .30 minutes to say before you all HAPPY NEW YEAR . early lol
May we all do good in 2011
beerchug.gif

joker.gif
beerchug.gif
icon_jam.gif
guitarist.gif

Donald,
Think everyone is out doing that,and don't have that
ihrotate.gif
Slant%20Tongue.gif

on their mind.LOL
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU!
ROD
tophat.gif

Well lets see, Rolla got hit pretty bad. Its bout 2 hours west of St Louis. Im in St Louis and south county got it pretty bad also. Which is bout 20 minutes south of here. Two people where killed in Rolla last I heard. We got some prettty strong winds and rain here for a minute. Not bad tho. When I lived in Hillsboro we had a tornado hit less than a mile from the house. I got to admit... it wasnt fun. Scared the crap outa me!Seriously powerful shtuff. Sorry off topic charlie...
bottom.gif

Ok hoping to be the first post of 2011
With a picture too!!!!

Happy New Year to ALL
beer2.gif

218909.jpg

Latest posts

Back