• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 25, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
would the driveshaft have to be lengthend or is it just made different? Would a clutch setup from an IH 582 work? but will i find one? thats the thing. I dont want to spend $400 on the tractor thennot be able to get all the parts although it wouldnt be the end of the world to leave it the way it is...

On my 100, serial #66945. On the left side there is a revit tag with the numbers 8-7-00. Any ideas? Also want to get a long tiller belt. If I recall correctly, 2 different size belts for a 100.
dunno.gif
Any one????? Library of no help.

Josh-

Yes, a 582 clutch should work. However, don't buy a used clutch unless it's cheap. They tend to go for about 70-80% of what it costs to buy all the parts new. Any used clutch you buy would need rebuilding anyway, so if you buy one, don't pay too much. It depends on how patient you are. There's a clutch on epay right now...if it goes cheap, that would give you most of the parts.

Thats ironic- I just found one.
it looks like it might need a rag joint but thats minor. So a NF 3 forward, 1 reverse transmission would fit right in, right?
can i put a NF creeper in it? Or would I need a WF creeper?

I have the high bid at $355 and I think its going to greatly exceed my limit, but we will see.

Josh-

Any 70-582 gear drive rear will work. External brake will take a bit more work to hook up. WF creeper will fit with no mods, or you can use a NF one with the extension and a bit of a bend in the handle.

ok guy's my 782-4 won't engage in forward.reverse works fine as well as all hydraulics.i popped the back cover off & all the gearing in the rear end housing looks good.all linkages seem to be moving as they should.help me out here before i pull the pump assy.is there something i'm overlooking?what's not engaging as it should?why reverse & not forward.thanks for any & all advice.

First real day to relax in a month. Just have a lot going on. So I thought I'd check in. This is my front blade/snow removal tractor for this year. The Keepsake 1650 is one heck of a powerhouse. I turned the 125 and snowthrower over to Zack Zeroth for the winter. My work schedule doesn't allow much playing in the snow time.

183114.jpg

183115.jpg

Mike C.
Pull the tunnel cover and switch the relief valves,(make sure you clean things up around them first) and see if you go forward and not go in reverse. If you can, then it's time to replace the relief valve.

PS,
If your a SUPER LUCKY guy, cleaning the bad one up MIGHT just work, but the odds are slim to none on that deal. But it's worth a shot.

Back