Archive through December 25, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys I have a question: While throwing snow, my 127 lost power and died. Acted like it was out of gas. Checked to make sure fuel shut off was open, it was open. After letting set for a few minutes, restarted and tossed more snow and again did the same thing. No water in fuel, could the float be sticking? Any ideas??

Thanks Brad.
BTW we are seating at 15.3 inches of snow with 3-5 still to come for Saturday with 25-35 mph winds.
Shift.gif

Brad B.
The first thing I would check would be the condenser or the coil.
Sounds like something is heating up and kicking out, then when it cools off, your good to go again.
BTDT.

You might check to make sure that your gas caps vent hole is not plugged with snow too.

Brad-

Check the fuel shut-off. I have one that will vibrate toward closed and slow fuel flow.

Brad B, are you blowing on a slight grade?if my 147 is on a light grade (where the right side is lower than the left, the gas wont get to the carb and it will die. My 0.02

Matt, They were saying friction discs I was thinking springs. The real pain here is I don't drink or do drugs. It's just how it works sometimes.

Myron:
Interesting.....My 149 (which I've had for a couple of years and have <u>no</u> history on) has a single disk about .180 thick.. The drive tabs on the old disk out of the 129 are about .135 - the disk itself is worn.. Did they furnish a single thicker disk for the 149 at some point (this one looks like new).

While digging out the old 129 PTO parts to look at, I found the sales slip for the rebuild kit on the 129 - April of '99- so maybe that's why my memory of the PTO is a little hazy..
old.gif

Merry Christmas!!!!

It was a pretty good Christmas around the Blunier house!!!!

Big Steve came off the big winner this year with a custom lighted IH for the side of the barn.

183100.jpg

Needless to say he was happy!!!!!!

Last Sunday my nephew was over at the house for the afternoon and we took a nice little ride on the SGT to move about an inch of snow......He was happy too!!!!!

183101.jpg

Kendall, Myron, the first thing I did was use the parts look up. That's what confused me. Then I read my manual and saw the note regarding the 2 discs on the 149. I just thought I was missing the kit for the 149 on the parts look up.
Matt G. If I remember correctly, there isn't a whole lot of bolt sticking through the back side on my PTO. Either way, I'm going to have to get this rebuilt soon, it's hard to start with the combo of cold weather and the snowblower turning at the same time.
On another note, last week was the first time I used the snowblower with the fresh rebuild and the engine never seemed to care. Just kept asking for more. Nick

Nick, The problem with your pto clutch is that it won't shut off?

Dave, yep. You can't adjust it enough to stop the PTO and when you do adjust that far the clutch isn't engaged far enough. It will slip. Thanks, Nick

Nick, If it won't shut off it's got to be external. The last time that happened to me the button fell off when I changed decks last summer. If this one doesn't have the brake check to make sure "both" buttons are there or if it does have the brake somethings come loose.

Dave, already ordered a new button just in case. The old one doesn't look bad but I figured it's probably original and it's cheaper than the PTO rebuild. Nick

I dont see anything wrong with the driveshaft or pins, but then I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking for.

How do I go about removing the gear shift assembly? I'm wondering if I really want to mess with that or not. Sounds major. Are there instructions or diagrams somewhere?

How easy would it be to turn a 582 Special into a 582 with a IH transmission? Is it even possible since the original transmsission is belt driven? If I were to get an IH CC 582 tunnel cover and a clutch setup would it all work?

josh i looked into doing that with my 1100, i think it can be done but someone told me not to bother unless you had all of those parts laying around because there so expensive... something about clutch hangers too... or something like that, im not sure but i am sure someone else will chime in.

Wayne S.
If you want a printed version of the Service Manual that shows you how to do everything, almost, click the Binder Books link at the top of this page.

If you want to download one,
CLICK HERE

I hope you have high speed internet, it's 32M.

Matt S./Josh-

I just did this. You need a rearend, clutch hanger, clutch driver, and throwout arm. You'll want to make a new driveshaft and buy all of the other stuff new anyway. It may not be easy to find the 582 clutch driver...took me 6 months to find one. I made the clutch hanger for this one and altered a WF throwout arm because I refuse to pay the ridiculous prices that those two things tend to go for. On the 1100, you're in uncharted territory for the clutch driver. My guess is, nothing will fit, and you'll have to make an adapter to put a clutch driver onto the engine.

Latest posts

Back