• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 24, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay before I say I have definately got the electrical all squared away, I swapped the v/r with one my grandad gave me. It "seems" to run better and starts easily. I only say "seems" because I dont want to jinx myself! I have a 106 that has the 38" mowing deck, and I agree with Wes that 2nd is too fast to mow with. I run mine in 1st and it mows really well. The yard is too bumpy to run in 2nd anyway.

Ummmmm - hydros never have that "which gear" issue .....
coffee.gif

Yah, but hydros are junk!
biggrin.gif
just kidding Merry Christmas!

Those are the tractors that I have owned. My brother has a '72 109 with a 42" deck with the wide runners. I have seen other 1x9 tractors with 42" decks and a lot of them listed for sale in my area with 42" decks.

Matt:
IH NEVER built junk....
swear.gif

(Merry Christmas to you, too
thumbsup_old.gif
)

It's Art's birthday?

<font size="+1">HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ART!</font>
greenthumb.gif

And Merry Christmas to all.

<font color="ff0000"> HO HO HO!!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE ERBODY!! Charlie!! Kraig!! Scott!! ERBODY!!!
buttrock.gif
ihrotate.gif
greenthumb.gif
pcwhack.gif
wave.gif
</font>

Good point kendell, though gear drives are still better right???
clappy.gif

KENDELL - Some things IH built were unbelievably Great, like the FARMALL H & M, all Cub Cadets, most of their later tillage equip. was as good as any made, lots of green tractors pulled red plows & discs every spring. In '78 when IH released the first Axial Flow combines they changed the future of grain harvesting as much as Cyrus did when He perfected the reaper in 1831. But there are some things IH made they shouldn't be too proud of. While their trucks were as solid and durable as any ever made the sheet metal dissolved in water, their knotters on hay balers were about 40 years out of date until the mid-1960's. Their combine technology was lagging behind the rest of the industry until they released the Axial Flow. And everybody at the RPM forum says IH stuck with the old H & M design tractor about five years too long, and stuck with the 706/806 design tractor about 8 years too long. Which means the 460/560 models should have never been made, the 706/806 should been released in '59 against JD's release of 3010/4010 in '61. And the 3X88/5X88 release should have happened in about '69 or '70 ahead of JD's 4030/4230/4430 in the fall of '72.

And to keep this on topic, Cub Cadets were about the toughest thing built in the garden tractor market, The old Economy tractors were good, but more closely compared to the Cub Farmall. Each 3-4 yr model run they just kept getting better & better. The fact that tractors abandoned for decades can be restored to like new condition says something about how they were designed & built.

NOW, three things. #1 Can anybody else believe Bryan dressed up like Santa to ride the commuter train home today?
#2 Does anybody else think Kraig posted those pic's of that off-set mower deck mostly because it's mounted on a 125?
#3 Merry Christmas all.

Dennis:
Good points ...I shoulda said "IH NEVER built junky Cadets..)
Late breaking news - Santa's been spotted, flying the 129 team again this year... apparently the reindeer were outsourced to an airline for the fall, got snowed in at Seattle and didn't make it back in time...pic to follow..

Kendell - I really like the Christmas card! Too bad about the reindeer too. Kinda reminds me of the Mercedes commercial, bunch of silver sedans running side-by-side and a red sport couple bringing up the rear!

Nick, ummm somewhere in the upper 10's of thousands might even be in the low 100's of thousands, I have not checked recently, lets just say there's a LOT of them.
proud.gif

I'd like to find an old cub in some barn or shed and bring it home to the 106 for it to have a friend! I wouldnt mind if it was a 149 either, but I think Charlie has them all!!
clappy.gif

I was just over at the RPM forum...WM DeTurck.... If You see this PLEASE post Your "Hunting Picture" These guys would love it!
If You want to see, it's "redpowermagazine.com" in the Coffee shop, Hunting Tragedy is the thread. It's GREAT!

Well here's the pic - hot off the newswire. Not sure where this was taken
111996.jpg

obviously a poor neighborhood <font size="-2">(the guy cleaning snow at midnight is using a green snowblower)</font>

Here we go again....hydro vs gear drive...through out history the labor intensive hard work has been left to the real workers....the male gender
The light work thats not going to take as much unbridled brute strength has been left to the female gender.
See...we can do history and $=* education all at once
111998.jpg
111999.jpg

112000.gif
whistling.gif
lol.gif

<font size="+2"><font color="ff0000">Merry Christmas everyone </font></font>

<font size="+1"><font color="119911">Merry </font><font color="ff0000">Christmas </font><font color="0000ff">to all
</font></font>
From
<font size="+2"><font color="808080">{</font><font color="0000ff">:</font><font color="ff6000">-</font><font color="808080">{</font><font color="aa00aa">)
</font></font>
Spending Christmas With Our Family
In North Eastern Ohio

Back