• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 24, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lhinds

displayname
Luther Ray Hinds
Merry Christmas everyone. Thanks for all the help and information on the forum.
This is the only Tractor i had that started without help when it was zero degrees outside.
111968.jpg

Mat, along with what Jim said about "pressing" with plywood you might want to heat the area real good almost to the point of being red hot with a propane torch just before pressing, the wood will burn a little but this will help it go back to form.

Nick,
happy.gif

Here's the photo of Denny's modified deck.

111970.jpg

111972.gif

<font color="ffffff">.......</font>
111973.gif
<font color="ffffff">............................</font>
111974.gif

Ho, ho, ho...
111976.jpg

Merry Christmas everyone...

I usually have fun looking through my archives and while searching for the photo of Denny's deck I came across this modified deck. This was posted way, way back by Ken Updike, it was a deck that was modified by the implement dealer where Ken works for a customer to mow under fences.

111978.jpg

111979.jpg

111980.jpg

Tom, yep, but the one you posted looks like it'd work better. Where did you find that?

"K",
That's a IH experimental mower from the IH archives. Note the circle around the left guage wheel. They must have had some issues with that setup.

Kraig: I had a nightmare last night. I dreamed I had to keep track of all your photos. I woke up before I found out how you do it and I don't really want to know. Have a great Christmas and keep the pics coming in 2009.
thumbsup_old.gif

Frank, LOL, I kinda wish you had finished the dream so you could teach me how I do it.
dizzy.gif

Tom, I believe the circled part is the Quick Release deck hanger. It appears to be offset from the normal position. Hmmmm, I wonder if the normal "narrow" deck hanger position made it too wobbly with that extra weight off to the left side?
1a_scratchhead.gif
I'd like to see the other side of that.

Hi Bryan. Long time no see! Hope you all have a great christmas holiday! Santa brought me a 42" snow/dozer blade earlier today. It needs one spring for the trip mechanism. What do you guys do for a replacement spring?

Thanks for the answers I got from the spiral pin. kraig, I did look it up on the parts look up but didn't find the pin in the picture. I went back, and found it pays to scroll through the list. I'll try and remember that for next time.

Jim

Kraig,
My '73 109 came with a 38" deck with the wide skids and no gauge wheels. The '73 129 which has half a killer kohler in it came with a 48" deck with round bars and gauge wheels. It now has a 50" deck with front gauge wheels. Another 129 that I sold had a 48" deck with the wide skids and gauge wheels. A '74 109 that I sold for a friend came with a 44" deck and my '74 149 came with a 50" deck.
My 106 came with a 42" deck like yours but I switched to a 48" deck on it. Like Dennis said, 2nd gear was too fast to mow in but 1st gear with the 48" deck was a perfect match.

Merry Christmas happy new year.And a big thanks to the forum for all the help and info.
ihrotate.gif

"K",
My bad, you correct. I would think that some sort of support would have to out there.

Wes,

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

By Wes Heinsohn (Wheinsohn) on Tuesday, December 23, 2008 - 10:55 pm:

Kraig,
I thought that the 44" and 50" decks didn't come out until late 1973 or early 1974? All my 1x9 tractors came with 42" or 48" decks except my 149 and it is a '74 model. All the rest are '73 models.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

But in your new list you don't mention any 42" decks as coming with your WIDE FRAME Cubs, and that is the size deck (on a wide frame) in question....
1a_scratchhead.gif

Latest posts

Back