• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 20, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ken, I agree with Tom, a combined book could have great potential. I'd be happy to help with proof reading..... :eek:)

KRAIG - I think the biggest problem with Hank & Ken combining forces on a book would be "WHAT IH Product would it be about?" Naturally We'd think Cub Cadets, but Hank writes some REALLY neat stuff in RPM about Everything from log skidders to off-road dump trucks, to crawlers, to corn pickers.

Denny, please note the photo I posted earlier, I also have Ken's book on the 1955-1985 IH tractors. I had one of Guy Fay's books on the letter series Farmalls (I gifted it to my neighbor) I need to get myself another copy of it as it is a good book. I like full size tractors and various equipment not just Cub Cadets so I'm sure I'd enjoy reading whatever they came up with.

Farm?......Industrial?......Over the road? Have to wait to see....
bubbly.gif

KEN - Allis-Chalmers is Good but I think Guy's covered that already. Son & I may have to take an X-mas day field trip to 4201 1st Street in Rock Island this weekend..... See how much of FARMALL is left.

Note to self...
Remember to pull the choke all the way out when starting in cold weather.........

Man does snow stick to a rusty blade!!!!!!

Either slip plate as recommended by Kraig or "PAM" cooking spray if no time to paint.

wave.gif
Jeff

<blink><font size="+2"><font color="119911">M</font><font color="ff0000">E</font><font color="119911">R</font><font color="ff0000">R</font><font color="119911">Y</font> <font color="ff0000">C</font><font color="119911">H</font><font color="ff0000">R</font><font color="119911">I</font><font color="ff0000">S</font><font color="119911">T</font><font color="ff0000">M</font><font color="119911">A</font><font color="ff0000">S</font> <font color="119911">T</font><font color="ff0000">O</font> <font color="119911">A</font><font color="ff0000">L</font><font color="119911">L</font><font color="ff0000">!</font></font></blink>

Sand paper and Slip-Plate (or F&F version) is on the Christmas list.
happy.gif

Mery Cubmas and Happy Hy-Tran to all...

May the season be a low stress one for all.

Tedd, the Fleet Farm version works great!

33118.jpg
33119.jpg

While you're at Fleet Farm pick up a spray can of primer and a spray can <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> white to spray on before you brush on the two coats of graphite paint.

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on December 23, 2005)

Merry Christmas guys! Hoepfully there's Cub/IH/Farmall related items under all your trees this year!
happy.gif

I have a 149 that I put a 2" ball on for pulling a small trailer. Can I pull a tandem axle trailer, with a boat on it and with a tongue weight of around 400 lbs without ruining bearings in the axle for very short distances?
Thanks and Merry Christmas !!

David you will probably be able to pull it. I myself would worry more about getting it stopped. I suspect the trailers going to weigh more than you and your tractor. Roger

David,
It will barely hold 400 lbs you will be pushing it. Also, you will definitely bend the hitch down.

Back