• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 20, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmcmeen

displayname
Bryan D. McMeen, Keeper of the Holy Hy-Tran
Kraig -

Good choice
lol.gif

You and Dan are a rarity. He says they always do their shopping on Sundays cuz they have the malls all to themselves...

John Sirois,
Any time. (Although I'll be out next week).

BRYAN - I fit that description too. My HS, Geneseo, IL., mimicked GB down to the colors, logo, You name, it back in the late 60's/early 70's.
January is a good time to be a Gear-Head, Paris-to-Dakar Rally highlights, Barrett-Jackson auction. I get My $$$$-worth out of Speed Channel this time of year.

Does anyone have any more detailed pictures of the yoke supports on the Delux Cab? Is there anything holding them apart? Is there just the 2 bolts holding each support? Whats the little metal flange half way down the support for? The manual I have doesn't even have those supports in it.

Thanks,
33084.jpg

33085.jpg

Dennis,
It must have really sucked for you to be a high schooler.
err.gif
Actually If I can't cheer for the Bears, I'll root for the Pack.

Terry B. -

The motor cover supports are mentioned twice in my manual:

http://www.mcmeen.net/CubCadet/Deluxe%20Cab%20Installation%20Instructions.pdf

Page 4, paragraph 3. Page 6, paragraph 5.

Since there's a parts list in the back and each support is stamped with the part number, it was easy to correlate the two.

The tab you see in the pic of my tractor is something I added to support the QA-42A chute rod. That's the downside of reposts - sometimes folks forget "the rest of the story"
wink.gif

Hey Bryan,
I wonder if this is on the way home???? Freund on Hough ST.??
your_image.gif

Tom -

I've had a helluva time trying to place it. I've guessed at somewhere near the mill (where the current downtown post office is just north of the UP (CNW) tracks) or closer to 14. At one time I found some older phone books but nothing old enough.

I had a sticker for them on my 100 when I got it from you...

Makes for a BAD day pulling when You almost run over Your Shortblock! Pretty easy to survey the damage with the hood layed over like that! I don't think He'll be able to reuse the pistons, sleeves or the block.
explotar2jr.gif

Bryan,
Thanks for the link to your manual. My manual is older so my page 6 is different than yours and doesn't have the same pictures. Anyways, my cab did not come with the motor cover mounts. That's why I was asking the question. I would like to just make them myself. From what I can tell they are maybe 3/4 x 1/8? Bent to fit in the fold of the motor cover? Maybe one bolt for the top and one for the bottom? Is that everything or is there more?

BTW, This might all be for not. The previous owner is looking for the brackets.
thumbsup_old.gif

Which is greatly appreciated.
thumbsup_old.gif

As a side note. The other day I mentioned I was going to sew a vinyl shower curtain in place of the rotted windows. Well, one stitch of the sewing machine and the needle busted. My lovely wife suggested that we bring the doors to this canvas repair shop next to were she works. The do it yourself in me reluctantly said yes. One and a half days later I have 2 like new doors with clear window material specially rated for -30 below zero, instead of the potentially brittle shower curtain. I also have the whole patched in the mouse chewed door. All for $10 a door. I cant believe they could replace the windows and patch the hole for only $20 total. But then again I didn't tell them I was willing to pay more.
thumbsup_old.gif

33096.jpg

Got an early cold spell this year so the leaves are falling early. Got the old 169 out today and did some leave chopping. Once you run them through the vac system it comes out powder.

I love this old tractor, always ready to work. I put a walbro carburetor on it several years ago because the original throttle shaft was wore. The other day I fixed the old carburetor, put it back on and it tuned up and runs like new. Snapped a picture tonight just before dark.

33099.jpg

Terry B. -

For some reason 3/4" sounds narrow. And 1/8" sounds thick.

Unfortunately the tractor with said cab is sitting out back in the snow and I ain't going out there til maybe this weekend. I'll do what I can to measure them without having to take things apart...

Terry,

From memory, 1" x 1/8" would be close to right, and yes, they are bend to match the contours of the canvas.

The shifter on my 128 is flopping around. This causes me to occassionally hit 3rd gear when looking for 1st. It used to feel like it had some sort of natural motion, but not anymore.

Any ideas what ails it before I tear it apart looking for the problem?

Thanks

Zimm

8 Degrees here at 9:30 - good reason to be in the basement workshop next to the woodburner. Bryan, I just spent an enjoyable hour looking at your web site but left wondering - why the long studs on the 1450 Dif cover? Also - I just sent a new old stock set of hammer mill blades for our A-M mill to the cabin, where our stand alone version of your front mount mill rests in semi-retirement. (Ours is A-M branded with a 5 horse Briggs, but as soon as I saw the pic of yours , I recognized the shape of the feed chute and body) .. No new snow here in the palm of the mitten and as predicted, the "white cowflop" stuff we got last week has turned to psuedo-cement. Anything that didn't get cleared is now a rut or a curb until the next thaw.

Latest posts

Back