• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 20, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took Rolands advice and went and got some brand new chain for the snowthrower project. Much to my surprise, the old chain was incorrect!!! Matched the new chain up with both the CC sprocket and the Martin sprocket and everything fit perfectly. The new chain was about 1/8 inch wider than the old one, which allowed the sprocket to ride correctly.
Like I said, didn't know what had been done to the thrower before I aquired it. Went to my dad's tonight to start putting it back together (heated shop). Probably won't get to it until after Christmas.
Hope everyone has a safe and Merry Christmas.
groupwave.gif

Joe Z.
Your shifter is cracked or broken inside like this.

33101.jpg

To repair it you need this set up to pull it apart so you can weld it.

33102.jpg

33103.jpg

I don't remember who came up with this way but it works great.

Kendell -

Ever want to mount a utility/weight box or a tiller gearbox without spilling a single drop of HyTran?
wink.gif

Actually, that's what caught my eye - I've got a pair of 3 inch wide angle iron brackets that are drilled with the cover pattern (they mount vertically right and left) that I used with a small drawbar and a cable shoe a few years ago for burying 110 V. cable. I'm looking to put them back on to mount a combo weight mount/hitch and I've been considering using studs rather than bolts. (only problem I've got now is my homebrew adjustable helper spring setup protrudes on the right side just to the right of the dif cover and I'll have to either modify that or trim the right bracket down under it (get out the plasma cutter...but only on non-IHC parts!)
lazerburn.gif

Richard, that method of fixing the shifter was posted by Ted Shushereba (Master scribe...Keeper of the Scrolls) way back in June of 1999. Here's what he wrote to go with the photos:

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

When I started to work on my first original I had a roll pin that was partially broken, and had to repair it. On my second tractor, I decided to take some pictures of the repair.

The pin inside is a roll pin, the one outside is a tapered pin-so be careful about which way you remove it. After I removed the tapered pin, I took a small "C" clamp and put it inside the "H" pattern. Then I took a block of wood and a brake adjusting tool to put some force on the cup, then used a ball pien hammer to tap around the cup to force it loose. The cup is hardened, so you won't hurt it if you are careful. It also only goes back one way, so make sure you reinstall it correctly. Neither of mine were tack welded.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

I got a new toy yesterday. Man, these things are GREAT!!! The website shows a picture of a garden tractor, but it's the wrong color :-(

33105.jpg

I saw that ad on Ebay. I was curious if that is really a Cub Cadet. I am not the person to ask. I would like to bid on it. Has a deck, blde, and cab w/ AM/FM. If it runs, you can't go wrong. Btw, I doubt that they oiled the cylinders twice a year for the last 3 years.

It is a model 70 or 100.
Looks like the PO did his fair share of customizing to it

I just noticed that there is an automotive alternator on it as well as the starter generator. Must be to run the fan, stereo, and coffee maker in the cab. I notice a little bit of yellow on the steering column.

Maybe someone should offer to trade a camera that can focus for that tractor on ebay.
happy.gif
Maybe its just my eyes at 1:45am but those pics are pretty bad.

Maybe there is nothing wrong with the Camera and perhaps it is the photographer.
dunno.gif
And maybe, there is a reason the pictures are out of focus..!!
eek.gif

Yep, That's definately a CC 70 or 100, You can tell by the grill casting. WAY too bad they chopped it up to add all the junk to it.
TRAVIS - Is Your LIFT big enough to fit Your V-ROD on? My Buddy would like one of those lifts to service His Victory's.

My copy of Ken Updike's new book arrived yesterday.

Ken, great job on the new book! How many books have you written? I have three, do I have to buy any others to complete my library?

33107.jpg

Of course I also have Hank's book.

33108.jpg

Terry B. -

You'd be surprised at how many folks can't differentiate between a Cub, Cub Lo-boy, Cub Cadet and a Cadet
wink.gif

Love that "paneling" inside the cab.

16HP? In what appears to be an unmodified narrow frame? Right...

Even for $100, looks to be a lot more to throw away than keep...

Here's a picture of Billy Bob Santa's "sled". All he needs is the Bars & Stars flyin' outta' the back!
33110.jpg

Kraig....Your pic shows all of the books I have made except the IH serial number book.(now out of print, temporarily)

Hank and I were discussing that we need to call these books by their color. I have the red book and yellow book. Hank has the blue book. <font size="-2">Art has the black book</font>

(Message edited by kupdike on December 22, 2005)

Ken,
Better yet, maybe you and Hank can combime fources for a kick ass powerhouse book!!
animatedIHbear.gif

Hello,

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND HAVE A HAPPPY NEW YEAR

Back