• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 16, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
Steve B2, just to show that it did exist: 82 Series Red Cab installation Manual

And to tease Denny, check out the prices:

233526.jpg

233527.jpg

233528.jpg

sorry.gif

Just got done changing oil in my 122 to 10-30 for winter, I pulled out the magnetic drain plug I got from David Kirk and it had a little pile of magnetic sludge on it, I installed it at the beginning of summer. Great product!
greenthumb.gif

$34.50!!! That's highway robery!

Denny,
A old guy told me once, "There is no such thing as fashion when you're cold". I used to hunt for pieces of cardboard to "Trap" any heat I could on the old Cats.

Lucas - you must not be expecting it to get to cold down there in ole KENtuck. I think Kohler and IH recommended 5W20 for winter temps of 0 and below, and straight 10W for 32 to 0 degrees. I always used 5W20 for those cold CT winters and the ole K321AQS was always quick to start. I suppose if you're planning to run for several hours at one time then 10W30 may be a better choice - (I just never liked using something the manual says "Do Not Substitute 10W30 or 10W40, even tho it's mentioned under the 32degrees and above column)

Is this a start of another Great Oil (weight) Debate?

Hydro Harry
Old Cubs Never Die (but they are slightly slowing starting in winter)

Help ! ;-D I would like to know if a Cub Cadet I.H. built 782 had to be modified in any way when they went from a Kohler KT17 series 1 engine to the Kohler KT17 series 2 engine !? Did the factory take care of this change or was it left up to the buyer !? Which Kohler KT17 series 2 engines have the round air cleaner on top of the engine and which ones had the "flat style" air cleaner on top of the engine !? Any clarification of these questions will be greatly appreciated !! Thanks !!!!! ;-D

Paul-

IH made no changes to the 782...only the engine changed. The square air filter appears to have been used only on the earliest of the Series I engines. All CC-spec Series II engines have the round air cleaner. The Series II wasn't installed in 782s from the factory until after CCC took over production. I think the serial number at which this occurred is approximately 724,000, but I can't remember.

Lucas J.
The first year we moved north, I got my first experience at pushing snow at close to 40 BELOW one morning!
233530.jpg

Ok, I am looking at an online owner's manual for the Kohler series 2 engine and it is does indeed show the "flat style" air cleaner !? ;-/ Please let me know what you can tell me about the following numbers : Kohler engine model KT17O or maybe Q !? Spec number 24302 Serial number 2231703656 I.H. 782 tractor serial number 2050594U684959 Is this tractor an I.H. built tractor !? Mower deck model number 44c Serial number 0320020U153843 Any help with clarification of all of these numbers will be greatly appreciated !! Thanks !!!!!!!! ;-D

Paul

Paul-

Read my post again...I said no CC-spec Series II ever had the flat air cleaner. Different spec engines probably did have them; for example, my dad's off-topic zero-turn mower has an M18QS, and it has that air cleaner.

I think you have an IH-built 782...if the serial number tag says International Harvester, it's IH-built. If it says Cub Cadet, it isn't. I believe the correct replacement engine for the 782 is a KT17S spec 24302.

Paul - I can't tell you anything about the engine or the deck, but I can tell you about the tractor. Your tractor serial number 2050594U684959 breaks down as follows:
According to a Product Code Model Designation chart I obtained some time ago, the 1st 3 numbers of your complete serial number, "205", are the Product Code assigned to indicate it's a Cub Cadet "Garden" Tractor (205 is used for all IH Cub Cadet Garden Tractors except the model 1100 doesn't show on my chart). The next 4 numbers, "0594", are the Model Designation which identifies it as a Model 782. The numbers after the letter "U" are the actual serial numbers and according to the chart in the FAQ this 782 was built in the month of December 1980 so it certainly is an IH built tractor.

Hope this helps. I'll e-mail you a copy of my Product/Model designation chart.

For the benefit of others on here, your model 782 could have any of the following 3 Model Designation numbers and it would still be a Model 782. They are 0585, 0594, 0601. I provided Charlie a copy of the Model and Product Code chart and hope he'll post it to the FAQ.

Hydro Harry
Old Cubs Never Die

I picked up a creeper for my 126. It's pink with the part # on the front of 385037R1. Is this off a 82 series?

Good Saturday Morning, All.

A little information about the differences between a Series I and a Series II engine. CLICK HERE. I can't find it off hand however there are actually two different versions fo the Series II KT17S. The first version if I recall just had the oil pump and the later had the holes for adding the filter to the engine. Man, I wish that I could find the information that I had on that. The Spec #24302 is the earlier version.

Lucas J. I get kidded all the time about being "old". I just look at the "kids" and tell them that actually they are the OLD ones. I am growing younger towards Eternity. My time to achieve that goal grows closer sooner than theirs. And I remind them that when I was a baby, I was CUTE, PUDGY, & BALD. In 60 years of being on this earth the only thing that has changed is the CUTE part went south a long time ago.
err.gif

Thanks Ken, I already looked at Charlies site so I know what you are talking about. I was just wondering why they changed the part # over the years. I'm guessing different models had different #'s, but they all look pretty much the same.

Had fun with my father in laws 1650 project. Finally delivered the finished product today. Fun project. I'll have to get one of those someday. I like the starter compared to the 149. I had to replace the head, starter, tires, wiring, breather, etc... He got himself a nice machine out of the deal. And of course, it was a labor of love. No charge to him!

I guess everyone is busy playing with their Cubs, or it may be that Christmas thing.

Brian, we need pictures.
worthless.gif

Latest posts

Back