• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through December 16, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stopped by for a visit to Mike Masheris' place yesterday. Coool stuff being made there! I wish I had 2% of his talent.

The manual says K321 engines have balance gears. Just tore mine apart, couldn't find any.

What gives?

Norm
Quietline K321? Not sure if they needed any.

Norm were the stub shafts in the block? Possible that someone was in there before and removed them? I have taken them out of every engine that I have rebuilt.

I have never found balance gears in a QL K321 engine for some reason. I don't think they all had them.

IH Cub Cadet 126 with loader question.
New member here and I'm fixin to look at a CC 126 with a Wright Way loader. Asking price is $1800. Any thoughts on if that's about right? Tractor runs but I worry it's not going to do well with heavy loads, especially the front spindles and rear axels. Thoughts?

IH had red windbreaker cabs for both the std 82 series and for the 982 (roof and rear curtain were options). MTD continued with the offerings in yellow.

I have a nice example of each that make winter work on a Cub much more plesant...especially with a thrower!!!!!

233541.jpg

That's really weird. IH felt they needed the engine mount vibration absorbers but took the balance gears out of the engine?
Previous owner said it vibrated a lot, even though he installed new IH absorbers. Anyone have any suggestions? I do intend installing the crossbar per the cubfaq.

Steve B. Cool picture. Thank You for sharing it.

Norm B. I installed the rail modification and new Cub Cadet isomounts on the Keepsake 1650. At first it shook so bad I wondered what was wrong. Now after around twentyy to thirty hours or run time (at the most) of usage the tractor still shakes a little only in my opinion it is still one sweet ride. The Keepsake 1650 is a 1977 model and there weren't any balance gears in the engine ever. It has the original engine in it.

Steve thats too much cub snow muscle for that little driveway maybe you should that 782 down my way.

Jeff B.

I'll consider your offer....
happy.gif
happy.gif

Actually the 782 with the blade is gone, replaced by a 2072 with 54" Haban, and the 782 with the thrower now wears 26" rear rubber.

I clean my drive and several long drives for the neighbors, so I doubt I'll be down sizing anytime soon
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

I know that many members of the IHCC crew here love the stuff, but I specifically moved to the desert to get away from snow. The city doesn't even own a snow plow!
Pic is above for this post.

Good lookin snow movers guys! Im working on a new lift mechanism for my retro-fitted blade and Ill post pics when I get it done, its sad how little one can fabricate effectively without a welder
dunno.gif

I need a memory refresher. Do cast IH wheel weights fit on the inside ANY tractors with external brakes? My eyeball says they won't fit on my 108.

Rick B,

No, you can't mount IH weights on the inside of rims for Cubbies that have external brakes as they will hit the brake before you can mount it to the axle hub. Only way I can think to make it would would be with an axle extension like a dual wheel hub. Of course that will make your wheel base wider. If you need more weight on a Cubbie with External brakes, most people just double or triple up on the outside.

Latest posts

Back