• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 15, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brian B.
You better keep that gal!
Mine will set a Cub in the summer, but never in the winter!
biggrin.gif

hello everyone i have found a 1250 on craigslist for 125 and i was wondering if i can put a front blade from a 100 on the 1250 with out doing muchs mods to the plow mount is this possible ?

Andrew,

You should be able to use the blade, but you will need to change the sub-frame to work with the 1250.

Thanks for the feedback. When I put on my chains, there are two left over links as I call them. I use some wire to keep those from slapping my fenders etc. Tried zip-ties once but they broke in the snow etc. I spent about 6 hours pushing snow Sat. night and Sun. morning and the chains are still on, so what ever I am doing seems to work.

I did decide that it's time to put on new motor mounts. The K301 seeems to really be bouncing around. I will have to do a little Ebaying and a lot of research for this project. I would like to have everything ready to make it a one or two day process.

Well, I broke my QA42 two weeks ago and broke my snow blade yesterday. I'm down to using the Kubota FEL to move this stuff.

I gotta learn to weld...

Aaytay: Just went back and read the last couple days of postings - good idea with the fuel hose for a grommet. It'll be on there by tonight.

I don't recall who posted about how these machines are treated but I can tell you I work the daylights out of mine. If all you have to do is a little suburban mowing an MTD will do. But if you have to plow and snowblow and mow any kind of challenging terrain or till or plow gardens, etc., there is nothing out there that compares to a Cub. My only complaint is my 782 won't push 12" of snow unless I'm near ramming speed - it just doesn't weigh enough to keep traction. No lack of power, just not enough grip. Probably lucky...I'd just break something more expensive.

BTW, we got a bit over 12" over Saturday night and Sunday. Must have been lake effect snow since we are close to Lake Huron. It's been drifting, too. I'll have to clean out again sometime today.

SEND SNOW!!!!! We still cannot get any. Telling us it might see the 50 here. Help!!!

Paul - You want to hit ebay for cub parts ?? WHY! Did ebay bring you this forum ?
You want everything all at once for a quick repair ? How's that going to be possible when ebay sellers may or may not get your parts to you within a month's time frame.
You have to research the problem ? I think ebay has a <font color="ff0000">FAQ</font> on their site for just our cubs.

Hi All,
After I finished cleaning up the yard and 600 foot driveway after the Thursday storm I found the power takeoff clutch for the QA-36 snow thrower was slipping. I removed the clutch assembly from my CC-105 and replaced the triangular spring (the main problem) and the other parts, after getting a clutch re-build kit from my CC dealer.
I have read in the Cub Cadet Forum of many people having trouble getting the clutch assembly off their tractors. Once you do get it off, do as I did.
The last time I worked on this,(4 years ago), I had put a compound called Never-Seez, on the bearing surfaces it mounts on. I removed the 6 set screws holding it and with one light tap of the hammer, it slid right off. This is an example of old time mechanics experience. Any time you have an assembly you might want to take apart again, put a coating of Never-Seez on it. That stuff works wonders, I've even used it on pipe thread exhaust joints and been able to open them up again. It will withstand over 2000 degrees and is a anti-seize and lubricating compound. I highly recommend it for these type of jobs and I use Slip-Plate for coating the throat of the snowthrower.
--Ed from Andover,MA

Paul Kordik (Pkordik) try the links above to get the parts you need. i do and they do arive snail mail!But its along way here to Nova Scotia Canada.I would rather shop above and know i get what i pay for. Just my .02
coffee.gif

EDWIN - I buy that stuff in the large size can. Anthing I care about that I want to take apart again gets a coating.
Best thing I've used it for is the brake caliper slides on Ford pickups....they rust/corrode then stick and wear the inside brake pad out. Ford says to use dielectric grease like used on sparkplug wires and it lasts till the first rain. Anti-sieze lasts almost forever!

i have used and still do use Never-Seez on most of my bolts and have had good luck. i used to go deep sea fishing and was given a grease that doesn`t breakdown in water. salt water is hard on pilblock bearings. i still have some of that grease yet. i don`t know what it`s called but one small bit will go a mile and is a pain to get off. i plowed snow at 6.30 this morning lol just before it turned cold. we had 8" snow then rain through the night and after i plowed it is now freezing again and more snow on the way. i hope it snows more so i can plow with the back blade on my 100. Later all

Yep, anti-seize is good stuff, I keep a can of it around for use on all sorts of stuff. The problem with the PTO is that many have been on for 30 years or more. FWIW, for me it's getting the 6 set screws out that is the hardest part of getting the PTO off.
angry.gif

I jack up the back of my Cub with a floor jack to put tire chains on. Makes it easy to do. Once I have the chains wrapped around the tire I jog them around until they are on straight and the slack is out. Then I hook them as tight as I can. I then install two bungee cords to hold the chains tight. As for tire pressure, I don't get too carried away with the rear tire pressure, as long as the tires are not flat. For the fronts I put the maximum per the side wall label, makes it easier to steer with the weight of the snowthrower hanging off the front.

73993.jpg

If you're in a bind, and are fresh out of anti- seize, use milk of magnesia... really...

Ahhh yes, the great chain mounting debate...
bouncy.gif

SCOTT - I've heard toothpaste works too! Also, on mounting tire chains I don't use bunge straps or anything to keep them tight. And I've never had a chain come off. I do the same as Kraig, floor jack to lift the rear and roll them on....even on the FARMALL's.

Be careful Dennis
shame.gif
I invoked the wrath of many last year with a similar statement.. ( Of course I also claimed that loose chains kept snow from packing on the tires
bouncy.gif
). I do chicken band 'em to keep the ends from flailing the sheet metal...

BTW - if you use anti-sieze in place of toothpaste, can you ever quit smiling??

Latest posts

Back