• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

New to me 1863 Purchase

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going to pick up an 1863 Cadet next week with mower and snow blower. Its been sitting for years . Hopefully it runs and drives to load on a trailer. Taking a winch just in case. The snow blower has a problem with the gears I am told so he is throwing it in free. I currently have a 4110 JD with many attachments and a 955 Deere with a loader. When I found the Cub Its a want rather than a need. I just have to satisfy my curiosity. My first tractor was a 10 hp gear drive 1960s model Cadet. The mower did a great job with the lawn. It soon gave way to a twin cylinder Simplicity which was a huge improvement in power. Always looking to upgrade I purchased a Cub Low Boy with a sickle, mid mount mower, and dirt blade. Soon we looked for rural property as we built three homes in the city moving for more seclusion, another new home and huge storage building. Friends with John Deer equipment had me looking at the brand buying several new models. I retained the Low Boy and will add the 1863 to the fleet. Hopefully with some maintenance it will prove to be a favorite. Parts availability for an older model may prove problematic . Here's looking on the positive side.

Picked up the tractor yesterday. Wheel weights, chains, and a bonus complete service manual. Must be 1000 plus pages of information ( 3" thick ) on the tractor and attachments . Lots of reading original IH printed material. IMG_4310.JPG

Too Many,

Nice find! I’m sure you will enjoy it.

I’m sorry to inform you that those manuals would not be original IH as the name Cub Cadet is in CCC/MTD script. If you determine the year of your 1863, I’m sure you will find it is post-1981-1/2 (when IH got out of the tractor business).

Back