• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 15, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Ebay comment was kinda off the cuff. I have in the past and will in the future order from the parts supplies on this site. However, I do and will continue to shop Ebay. I look for good products and fair pricing, where ever that takes me, so be it.

KENDELL - ALL My chains have been "Modified" so the end links Bolt together with capscrews, nuts, & flatwashers. So there's no loose links flapping around.
Don't know how anti-sieze would work as toothpaste..... I suspect it works better as a hair grooming product..... A little Dab'll Do Ya!
cwm.gif
Who needs Grecian Formula anyhow....

We use Bostik Never-Seez Nickel Special to re-assemble gas turbine engines; makes for ease of dis-assembly. I use it for Cub wheel bolts! Easy on,easy off!
f16.gif

Surprising lack of action shots for the amount of snow that came through this weekend. Maybe the geographic center of this group is a bit more northwest of here... Got about 10" to shove around south of Chicago.
thumbsup.gif

73998.jpg

73999.jpg

74000.jpg

By Charlie "Digger" Proctor (Cproctor) on Thursday, December 06, 2007 - 06:02 pm:

Lonny,
There's only ONE plug to use in a Kohler that's worth a flip.
74003.jpg

Charlie,
I stoped at 2 different places to pick up this plug and ended up going to an auto parts houst to get them.
I purchased 5 plugs for the 3 cubs I have so I should be set for a while.

By Brian Watson (Bwatson) on Thursday, December 06, 2007 - 06:13 pm:

Lonny, the Motorcraft # is AL7C. They probably won't be easy to get. I bought a couple boxes of 10 several years back so I'm set for quite a while. Autolite or AC Delco should be fairly easy. If the actual air temp is -15, if you haven't already done so, switch to Mobil 1 0w-20. My 125 will start on its own with a good, fully charged battery with 0w-20 in it. I also upgraded my cables to 2 gauge. That also helped cold weather starting.

Brian,
I checked into the Motorcraft AL7C plug and the auto parts house said they could still get them.
I just might order some and compare them with the Autolite plug.

Lonny,
I waved when we went through Cadott today on our way back from Holcombe. I was going to stop by, but I knew your were still sleeping at around noon.
You don't have as much snow as we do down here.

My FIL used to have a Chevy hotrod truck back in the day. He would go through AC Delco plugs as often as oil changes. His neighbor was a Ford mechanic at the time. He suggested trying Motorcraft plugs to see if they would hold up longer. After that, he never bought any other plugs but Motorcraft for that truck. At least that's the story I've heard... at least 2 or 3 times so far... I don't mind, I like to hear stories of the good ole days.

Keith

Charlie.
I was up when you went by.
I am normaly up and at it around 10:30/11am mon-fri but I leave for work at noon on fridays.
Stop on in next time your up this way, your always welcomed.

We could use some more snow over here, next chance for snow is this coming weekend, but it aint much of a chance, only 30%

hello again guys I am still thinking about buying that 1250 but i dont know much about the hydros so if you guys have any info on them it will be greatly appriciated thank you in advance

Latest posts

Back