• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 10, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kasmith

displayname
Kurt Smith
Thanks guy's, yea, I wish I were closer to Aaron... I'd take notes from him. I spoke to Daryll at Red Power. Very nice man, we visited for about 45 minutes. Great guy.

Kurt

Kurt, I think that I would be the one taking the notes! That is beautiful! Absolutely beautiful!

Kurt I think the tractors you have done look awesome! What rims and rear tires do you use on them, 6 x 16"? I am going to start on one and was just curious. Also a few details on the material used for the frt axle would be great. Keep up the good work.

Thanks

Glenn

Thanks guy's...

Aaron, I think we do different types of work, my tractors look cool, but don't do a lot of "actual" work, yours look cool, and can do a ton of work.

Glenn, what are you planning on building?

I do use 6x16" rims. The tires you see on the most resent builds are BKT 7.50 x 16 from Miller Tire in Ohio.

I use 2 1/2" black pipe for the main front axle. I use 1 1/4" O.D. structural tub that has 1/4" thick walls for the spindles. bore out the hole to just over 3/4". I then take the stock Cub Cadet spindles, and add material to the top.

The center pivot is the structural tube, like the spindles. I then use 3/4" round stock to brace the center pivot. It looks very similar to what the real IH tractors had.

Kurt

Glenn, I'm sorry, but the front axle is made from 2" pipe... I was incorrect.

Kurt

Kurt, I haven't decided but am thinking 706. My neighbor has one and I like the looks of it. It also looks like it wouldn't be to bad to do.

I kind of thought it looked like 2" pipe. Looks like you use the original mount for the frt axle as the rear brace mount on steer axle? What are the rear rims off of?

I have been to your blog a lot looking at the tractors and love them. I can't wait to see the 1206W when you get it done. I also liked the action shots plowing, Looks like it has some extra ground clearance.

I have several narrow frame Cub Cadets to start with, just need to gather up the other pieces required.

Glenn

Ignore the engine noise. It will drive you crazy. However this is a neat little plow and also notice the rear rims on the tractor. MF10 and two bottom plow. He just needs electric or hydrualic lift.

Marlin, I pulled a plow just like that at Wisconson plow days, I didnt think my 122 would handle it but I had no trouble at all
Shift.gif

Mick,

That is the plow you pulled in Western Wisconsin! It was made my Mike Anderson. He had a bunch of different garden tractors and attachments there at the plow day.
Here it is.
233834.jpg

Here's Mike pulling it with his tracked Massey
233835.jpg

Here's Mick's pulling Machine!
233836.jpg

Here's a pull type 1 bottom Mike's working on
233837.jpg

Trying to get ready for spring already. Got my new driveway packer done. 12" ID x .500" thick wall pipe, 54" wide. Will be filled with sand. Can pull them all in a row or put the 2 rear ones on the front ones corners and make it extra wide. I guess i was bored...

233974.jpg

233975.jpg

233976.jpg

233977.jpg

Aaron that's Cool ! That could be used for a "Pullin' Track" surface firmer! What your next project, a CC asphalt paver Xtreme attachment?
Shift.gif

I am new to this great site. I am trying to figure out how to wire a 4a084 engine using the manufacturers installed wiring loom. Need to know how to switch the ignition, install a starter button and keep the battery charged.

Norm Covey

I didn't know what else to do with the big 200# steel tubes..... but i like the Pauls idea of the apshalt paver xtreme attachment... Hmmmm...

Norm, you need to post your question over on the forum side

Aaron, I like the Pullin packer idea, uh those won't be two costly to ship will they???

jawdrop.gif

Mick, Norm was on the Forum page but Charlie moved him here because of a different kind of engine on his Cub.
No one seems familiar with what Norm is trying to fire up.

I believe Norm has a Teladyne (sp) engine that he is attempting to install into a Cub Cadet. Aaron Schmidt, Paul Bell, Steve Archer and others have built up Cubs using one of these engines. Norm is in the correct place. Now the right person needs to see his post.

Aaron, cool rollers!
thumbsup.gif
I could use one of those to flatten out the yard after the moles go through.
angry.gif
Though a spike aerator might be more fun to chase the moles down with.
devil2.gif
angel.gif

Actually i am trying to figure out the wiring on a 4a084 Teledyne engine so I can put is on a DOSKO wood chipper. I sent aschmidt (much thanks) an email and, along with other folks, have figured out the ignition on/off, the starter button, and the battery hookup. I am still in the dark about charging the batteries. Here is the wiring diagram. How do you keep the batteries charged??

234032.jpg

Latest posts

Back