• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 10, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello, I'm new here and I am trying to get some information about a model 147 that has been in my family for a while. My Dad bought it new in '71 or '72.

This came with an electric lift which he replaced with a manual lift because the electric didn't work well with the weight of the snowblower. I am trying to recondition the electric lift but I have not been able to get it all apart.

I have the motor off and I am down to the place where the armature connects to the gears. I have removed the two springs and the square piece that fits over the shaft leading to the gears.

I can not get that shaft and gear out. I haven't found how to get into that area. There is a round disc on the the bottom but it doesn't look like a screwhead. Any ideas ? Maybe there is a manual or service guide that describes this ?

One more thing, The mower deck is a 48 inch unit that has been sitting around for a long time. Is it possible to replace the "spools" that the blades connect to ?

Thanks
Paul

Guys

I am getting ready to spray the hood on my 128 (Rattle cans of IH935 Enamel). I am wondering if anyone has any tips or suggestions for getting the decals straight and if anyone has experience or tips regarding whether you can clear coat OVER the decals or if you should put them on last.

Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated

Bob Johnson

Kraig,

Do you have a pic of John Proschel's red 149 that you could post. There is also a 128 done in the same paint scheme that was at several of the Red Powers. Thanks

Steve, here's John's red 149:

23996.jpg

23997.jpg

Is this the 128 you were referring too (it belongs to Brad Datisman)?
23998.jpg

Paul V., is this the area of the electric lift that you are referring too?
24000.jpg

And yes the 73, 1x6/7 service manual covers the electric lift.
24002.jpg

Thanks Kraig,

Yes, that is exactly what I am working on. I don't know how to get into the body, labeled #1 to get at the shaft labeled #2.

There is some play when I turn that by hand, and I want to see if the gear(s) need to be replaced.

Thanks,
Paul

Steve, oops, I read that as ".....was at several of the Plow Days" not "....was at several of the Red Powers." (I think Brad's custom might be a 149 or perhaps even a 169....)

This one was at a Red Power.
24004.jpg

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on December 13, 2004)

Paul VB -

I think what Kraig is alluding to is that perhaps you should call one of the sponsors above and invest in a repair manual for said tractor. Instructions for repairing said electric lift are contained therein.

Unlike some other sites, we shy away from posting whole sections of manuals online cuz we don't like getting letters from lawyers
wink.gif

Paul V, the 4 screws that you can see in the photo near part #2 hold part #1 on. I'm sending some info via email that might be useful.

Bryan, yes, but I sent him some additional info to get him started while he waits for a proper service manaul. I hate having to cut and paste and resize stuff in a fashion that makes sense. If I make the whole page the proper file size to post it ends up too hard to read. So little time these days. Sigh.

Paul V., as Bryan mentioned you can get a service manual from one of the Forum Sponsors, see the colored links above. Binder Books carries all sorts of manuals for Cub Cadets and <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> equipment. :eek:)

Terry B., just curious on your 147 with the 12hp. Does it have the flared frame for the 14hp flywheel and an electric lift? Or did someone perhaps put a 147 hood on a 127?

Hmmm - where'd all the Plow Day talk go?

Perhaps to the PD9 subtopic?
lol.gif

Air, air....
Man I have been out of it. I really like the red 128.
happy.gif

The red one at the bottom of Kraigs post that belongs to Brad D. has a 16 in it I believe.

Hope to see you all at Tavis' place in April.
About 2800 hours to get ready.
proud.gif

Ok Ok Ok Charlie, I got it.

Is it ready now?

How bout now????

But not now?!?!?!?!?!?!

roflol.gif

Ok, Im done messin.. better get to work.. 105 carburetor messed up again, I think the needle is sticking shut. Only runs with full choke on. Blows lots of smoke though, a diesel would get jealous!
clappy.gif

Paul,
The electric actuator is made by Duff Norton. You can send it to a repair center and they can quote you on what it would take to repair. http://www.duffnorton.com/repair.asp.
If the top shaft it loose then the little bearing is most likely out. Its a $5 fix. If you take those four screws out then the motor mount should come off of the screw housing. You can then pull out the little shaft. If you want me to I can take pictures of a disassembled unit and post them just let me know.

Kraig,
Both the twins are 147's, with bump outs and everything.
24015.jpg

Terry B. -

BTW, don't worry about your fuel tank - the 12 and 14 used the same tank
wink.gif

Just stick the 14HP decals over the 12HP if it bothers ya that much
lol.gif

Latest posts

Back