• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 10, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
John G.
I picked these up at a surplus store for 25 cents a piece. They were 2 1/2" and I cut'um down to 2" and they are great, just the right hardness.
23918.jpg

They look perfect! I'll keep looking around.
(You didn't by a dozen or so did you?)
Thanks
John

I know what Santa is bringing me for Christmas.

23921.jpg

And all he is bringing my wife is some crummy clothes.

Richard let me know how good / bad it works, I've been thinking about one. I've had other types that didn't do so hot.

I have a 682 with the 44C mower deck that's starting to rot through. I need to start looking for a replacement, or do some welding. Can anyone tell me what the max width of the 50C deck is (to make sure it will fit through the shed door)? Also, was there a later model 44C deck with the front guage wheels permanently installed (as opposed to the kit that was available?) Does the following deck look like a 44C? Also, what is the bar that is mounted near the discharge shute for? A mount for a grass deflector or for a grass catcher??

23925.jpg

Are there any other decks that will work on the 82 series (I know I need the 5/8" pulley from the old one.)

Thanks for the help.

Ooops
blush.gif
- I think I found my answer in the Cub Cadet attachment guide. There are two 44 in. decks (190-358 and 190-318). I assume these are the 44A and 44C??? The guide shows that the max width for the 50 in. deck (190-359) is 61.5 in? Is this for the 50C or all 50 in. decks?

Bryan C. That deck you have pictured is a later deck from cub cadet (MTD) It will fit on your 682. The width of the 50" decks are all the same . they added some strength to the deck by installing the rod at the shoot end and the hockey stick stamp in the top skin.

Kentuck!
Everybody including Richard already knows how well that thing works! What! You missed Steve B's many post on how WELL it worked?
Oh yea, there's a search button down at the bottom of every page,
bash.gif

Richard/Ken- My dad has an earlier model of the Drill Doctor- works great, but requires proper technique (Dad is better at it than I am). His has one flaw- you can't select the point angle... you get what it's got. Doesn't matter to Dad (he's a woodworker), but I think there are some newer models that give you the choice of narrow or wide included angles for metalworking.

I didn't do the search, but I gather that Steve didn't have much luck with it?

Charlie- did those bumpers have any kind of insert in the other end, or are they just plain rubber?

Well Mr. Digger I was off the forum fer a long time ... 'memberz ?
Man you give a guy a keyboard and he knows everything ...
... except if the rubber had anything inserted in it ...
roflol.gif

Dave I like the DeWalt 135º split point for steel, they cut great. I bought a couple of Hitachi's 135º split points and they seem to require more pressure. Also the H's are hard as flint all the way up the shank which I don't like because I needed to turn the shank down to 1/4" to speed up my production of the "toolz". They say HSS on them but they're harder than they should be.

Dave and Ken: I have the drill doctor that you can adjust the angle on the point with. I sharpen cobalt bits with it and it works great. I don't know how I got along without it. Got mine last xmas. I shopped the internet and got a much better price than at your local Sears.
Jim

<font color="0000ff">Torin</font> all the "necks" 'round here are red and the only "woods" 'round here are belly mowers ... you must have been somewhere else ;)

<font color="0000ff">Travis</font> I thought you were going to post a pic in the "forsale section" ??

<font color="0000ff">Jim</font> I do ok on small bits like what the DD can do , it's the ones over 1" that give me fits ! I ought to just get a jig for grinding on the bench grinder , of course I could just go a mile down the road ... they had a 6" diameter drill bit in there a while back that was 4 foot long !!

We might be drifting a bit on subject here, so I posted about the Drill Doc in the "Machine Shop"

John

Just picked up my new (too me) 147.
I got the manuals as well which I thought was cool.
I got to go unload now!
23944.jpg

23945.jpg

23946.jpg

23947.jpg

<font color="0000ff">Terry</font> one more door on that pick'em up and you wouldn't have had room fer da cub !

<font color="ff0000">Travis</font> it's not a chevy ... it's a GMC ! I only drive to the lake ... er I did , now it's almost here! The water has been going over the spill way for about 3 weeks , only 2nd time in it's 30 years. I might not even be going fishing anymore - just got the wrong kind of neighbors next door.

Nope I got dope sellers / bootleggers / murderers (but they called it self defense) ... interesting around here @ 4:30am this morning ... might get even better

Ken -

When does that episode of COPS air?
lol.gif

Seriously, it's a pity that one can't get away from that s***.

well,the deal fell through on the 1450, buddy sold it on me......after me trailering down to get it.....grrrr. well didn't really need a 3rd 1450, but he was almost giving it away , next time, no waiting a few days to pick it up.....
thumbsdown.gif

Latest posts

Back