• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 07, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
Kevin, all, I've already got enough interest to make it worth moving forward with getting QAxx/QAxxA/QAxxB decals made up.
happy.gif

Kraig-
That Whiplash guy is the guy who made up the decals for my daughter's sleeve-hitch plow. He was good because he listened to exactly what I wanted.

Hi finley I got in first is there a way to keep sighnd in or do I haft sighn en each time
Next I have a 149 witch is my main tractor my question is I would like to use hidrolics for down presser also how difficult is this
you will haft to excuse me I typ with 1 fing cant spell computer illert and just plan slow
Thank you Pathobrien

Patrick, WELCOME!
groupwave.gif
WELCOME.gif

There is a lock out mechanism on the 149 hydraulic lift that is usually set to float but can be positioned to provide down pressure. You'll need to fabricate or purchase the lockout pin. I'll see if I can dig up a better photo of the pin.

233301.jpg

233302.jpg

Here's photos of a couple different versions of the float lockout pin:

233304.jpg

I believe this one is for use on a 149 and other 1x9 and QL Cub Cadets.

233305.jpg

I believe this one is for use on the 82 Series Cub Cadets

Kraig-

The 82 series tractors use a bolt to lock out the float function; that piece is what connects the hydraulic cylinder to the rockshaft.

Charging question for the old timers out there.

My snow thrower cub is not charging. The first thing I did was test the generator. I pulled the belt, energized the motor, and shorted the F to ground. The motor slowed telling me the field is good, at least this is what i think it tells me.

I went through the manual talking about adjusting the regulator. I'm using a digital meter and the values are jumping all around, but it looks like its high enough.

Questions.
1. Do you need an analog meter to check regulator voltages.

2. Is the gen test I performed good enough to test for a good generator?

3. How do you adjust the cutout relay. The manual says to adjust the closing voltage, and to be sure its 0.5 volts less then the current-voltage regulator unit setting. How do you measure the closing voltage.

The 1650 has roared to life! Turned out to be funked up wiring from the PO. Thanks PO!!!!

It has forward but no reverse. Is this a bad valve on the hydro pump?

I got a box of goodies from extreme motorsports today!!!
buttrock.gif
Thanks Aaron, the parts look great!

Goin back to snow thrower decals, I referbed my 42 thrower last month, took pics, but they didn't turn out to well,did in the garage and the lighting was bad hafta wait for a sunny day, anyway, I found International decals for the sides at Theison, they were inexpensive and look good

Kraig - Oh Keeper of the Photos - have you got any other pics of the "Surrey with the Fringe on Top". The photo you posted shows mounting on the sides of the frame. I'm sure I've seen them mounted on the rear somehow, and in your pic you can see some rear brackets, which are still shown in the parts list but NLA. (I know Jim Chabot found one of the canopys NOS).

Hydro Harry
Old Cubs Never Die (but they may get to much sun and need some shade)

Kevin/Kraig/Art,
Might want to get a current catalog. I 'm looking at the black 8 1/2" INTERNATIONAL sticker for $1.50 and the black and white for $3.00.

Hi me again I dont have an elc hyd thay are spool valves
from the look of that setup I wish I had an elc
Thank you again it nice to talk to someone with nolage these cubs that I have are my babies we very seldom see the older cubs but boy when we see one we get it my friend likes the small ones he has3 and haft originals
I like the big ons 149 122 125
Pathobrien

Matt, thanks for the correction on the hydraulic cylinder pin.

Patrick, electric lift or Hydraulic lift the float lock out is the same for both. Your 149 should have the ability to provide down force, just install a pin as shown in the photo and description I posted.

Hydro, the bracket shown at the rear is for preventing roll overs, basic wheelie bars. The fringe top canopy only mounts onto the wide frame and QL series and mounts at the front as shown in the photo I posted. Yes I too recall hearing that Jim found a NOS canopy.

Tom, where did you get the catalog?

Now that you guys are talking about torque wrenches it reminds me that I need to send my two in for recalibration.

Vince- I would say that Art "hot glued" the head bolts on that 104!!!

Kraig, your top photo is correct for the wideframes, dont know enough about the spread frames to pass judgement on the second picture. I got lucky, my 149 came with the plate installed. It proves handy when dozing or using the lift arms of the three point to jack the tractor up.
biggrin.gif

Hi I just looked in on parts tree and it shows the part lock out but of course not available so I will make my own
again thank you for your good help
Pathobrien
greenthumb.gif

Patrick O.
Man it's a good thing that everyone that looks on partstree doesn't go by what they show and say about what's available!

In case your not catching what I'm saying.
They ARE available, ask a few of our sponsors.

biggrin.gif

Are the round fender the correct fender for a cub 71 or the square type that a 1x2 have? my cub 71 has none and I would like to find the correct fenders for it.

Latest posts

Back