• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 06, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ryan K.-

I was told about $50 or so, I want one for my 782D also after seeing what it does to the 1512. With the coolant heater, battery heater, and float charger, it starts like it's 80 degrees out.

Allen
I dont belive it was a pressure sprayer deffinatly a hydraulic pump of sorts.it had a hydraulic resivore under the right fender,homemade screwed togther soldered tin box made of sheetmetal!
kentuckyken
i agree with you on the copper lines but amazeingly they wernt cracked BUT the return line solder joint to the tank was cracked not to mention all the connections were loose enough for me to undo with my fingers!i researched the pump and agree with you its ment for pumping volitale products i couldnt find anything on the particular model.im going to have my neighbor make me a couple of rubber hoses and get a small ram from him hook the darn thing back up and see what it does!

Ross the battery is in front of the steering tower just behind the motor under de hood!
jason

How good do the magnetic block heaters work, anyone had good luck with them. Checked ISO mounts look ok but tractor shakes like crazy when starting cold. John

Jason - That pump isn't built for hydraulic pressure. You'll blow the seals out and it'll look like my pic in my Pipe Bending section in the Machine Shop thread. The pump is probably rated @ 150psi at the most. I'm running a copper soda fountain pump on my TIG water cooler.

Well kentucky i belive ill take your advise!!ill just search for the proper pump one of them ones ment for a cub cdet!!so did the steel ever rust!great pictures!!found the data 1/3 horse 1750 rpm 125 psi 3.4gpm all shes good for.
kentucky you know your stuff

Jason - Since that pump has zerks you should be able to make a little pressure washer with it. 125psi would beat a water hose ;)
You could make a bad azz parts washer too !
Dangit ! I was off by 25psi on my guesstimation ...
I've got a real cheap hydraulic pump with NO rear seal ;)
Surplus Center or Northern Hydraulics would be a good place to get a pump. Stay small on the GPM / cubic inch since you don't know the capacity of your valve. To big of a pump will choke down with a small valve and stall the engine or bust hoses.

Have fun / be SAFE !

Somebody send SNOW. We are getting ice again this year. Cannot do anything for the ice. Being without power for 11 days again is going to get old.

Hey neat idea on the pump location. My model 147 has a toolbox there though.

I have a 147 with a charging problem. Checked wires and all good. How do I decide if its regulator or starter/gen.? Thanks

Latest posts

Back