• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 06, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found an old pic at mom and dads last week.....

Big Steve getting through some serious snow with the 1486 in the mid 90's......thought you might enjoy...

71227.jpg

Snow fleet is ready....

Old reliable 782 #1 with "Super 42" thrower....

71230.jpg

And the new horse in the barn...782 #2 complete with almost new $80 red windbreaker from Little G and 58" power angle blade....

71231.jpg

71232.jpg

71233.jpg

Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow.........
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

"No-Drill" mounting bracket for Windbreaker roof supports. This bracket holds the doors closed and the roof up without the need to drill holes in you fenders.

71235.jpg

71236.jpg

1-1/4" x 3/16" flat stock with trimmed original brackets welded to the ends. Holes drilled to match seat adjustment holes, and ends bent to clear fenders.

Well finaaly figured out how to resize my pictures
someone welded the bracket on the front for the plow it used the lift mech.and some pullys and was almost impossible to lift!
71242.jpg

shes a bit ugly cause of the green paint but i can see the beauty under the skin oh yes i cut and ground the crazy bracket off the front in hopes to go for a hydraulic lift.
71243.jpg

some paint a starter/generator a voltage regulator and a manual pto clutch and......well it was free and now i have a new obessive compulsive disorder,iwant more!!!

Jason D., sounds like you have a severe case of Yellow & White fever! No cure, only occasional relief that comes with the acquisition of more Cub Cadets and or attachments!

Steve B., nice snow removal setups! I like your no drill rear supports, I recall that you did that on your other cabs too, thanks for the reminder. Great photo of Big Steve in the 1486.
buttrock.gif
Does he have a blade on the back of that or????

Thanks Kraig.

Big Steve has a 9' Kewanee 3pt. blade on the back (it's really too light of a blade for that tractor, rated for about 90-100hp, and needless to say it's had it's fair share of metal added via welding rod over the years!!!! But for snow, it's fine...provided you don't get too rammy)

See the orange tip behind the rear tire...

71256.jpg

Steve, in the first photo you posted of the 1486 I could see something shrouded in snow behind it, I figured it was a blade.
happy.gif
Thanks for the second photo, got any more?
bouncy.gif

Allen
yes sir,ill be taking more pictures in the future of the set up.Its a bit different than anything ive seen in the arcives and faqs.there is an oberdorfer hydraluic pump mounted between the fenders that has a shaft that comes off the rear of the tranny pump/hydro pump??(ill get the technical parts soon so bear with me)oppsite the drive shaft.Anyway there is no ram that came with so im not sure what it ran.im not sure how well it worked or how efficent it is.it did come with a international tiller and a front mount modified blade but as i can see there is no points of attachment on ither.
kraig ,
yes i got the fever!!I belive one of the symtons is a wife that says your ither on the computer or in the garrage spending time with that silly tractor more than me
jason

Kraig,

It was late the other night when I scanned these pics, didn't take the time to resize the 2nd photo until today. No more pics from that time frame. I do have some from when I was about 8, last time we shelled out the crib. IH Loadstar truck with a "Cook's Special" sheller on it. I'll try to get those scanned and posted soon!!!!

Hi all was wondering if anyone knew what cub this part # is correct for 725-3098 it's a heater for some model, and thought it might work on my 782D since it always starts so hard. Is it correct for a 782D, or is it for something else? Thanks Alot!!

Ryan K.-

The number I found in the parts lookup is 759-3159, If you can wait a few days until I get home, I can look at the one that's on my 1512 and see what it is.

That number you gave does not show up in the parts lookup as being a Cub Cadet part, even though that looks like a Cub Cadet part number. Maybe the number I have above supersedes that one you have.

Ryan K. I think that you've spotted that part on Ebay and just letting you know that it is readily available through a Kubota dealer as well and it sure looks like the same as what's on my 782D. I've discovered that mine starts much easier in this cold weather when I plug that little heater in. Since my battery is a couple of years old I put the charger on it to warm the battery up a little before trying to start it. I let my neighbor use the 782D with front blade this morning while I used the snowthrower (Thank You, Charlie
happy.gif
)on the 125. We made short work of the snow and made some room for the next storm that's coming. I just wish that Angel could have come out and taken some pictures of two Cubs at work. Too much ice around for her to even think of going outside though.

One suggestion that Myron B. passed on to me. Put some Rescue 911 in your fuel tank each time that you fill it.

Ryan K. You will find that your engine and other related Kubota parts will be more than likely cheaper at the local Kubota dealer. Sorta like the older Cub Cadet tractor keys. Same ones as the older Bobcat skidloaders and old Ford tractors. My local Cub dealer charged me almost 50 cents more for one key than I could get two from the Bobcat dealer for.

Wow
All that snow and it was 69 degrees here in Ga. I'm glad because both my work cubs are acting up.
ihrotate.gif

this is the pump mounting bracket.
]
71261.jpg

this is the gear attached to the hydro
71262.jpg

and the way the whole deal hooks up
71263.jpg

has anyone ever seen such a thing??

Never seen it done that way but looks like a good use of wasted space. Not a bad idea.
Other than I only have gear drives working
happy.gif

Bren

Jason D:

Very cool hydraulic pump setup - I was thinking of doing that exact same thing on my 682.. Until I realized there is supposed to be a battery in there as well.
happy.gif
Where is the battery mounted on your tractor?

(I'm now thinking of putting a hydro pump in the tunnel, running off of the drive shaft somehow.)

Jason = Good idea but wrong guy doing the work. Brass / bronze / copper pumps are low pressure pumps that are used for soft drink fountains and for volitale products (although the zeks baffle me). Copper lines for high pressure line ... I don't think so since they are prone to crack from vibration.

Latest posts

Back