• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through December 05, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, thanks to the FAQ's I was able to get the steering wheel off the 1650 with Blaster and a 5/8's Bolt. Been soaking it for a couple weeks, and went out today, put the "tool" on, a few wacks with a SFH and it popped off. I "reshaped" the top of the column pipe and re-seated the plastic bushing. Used some anti-seaze and put everything back together......

Now, seeing as how "easy" it was to get the wheel off, and I have an order headed toward MN here in the next week or so, I am going to get a couple of bearings for the top of the column and replace both bushings I have here (1450 and 1650). With the bearings (or the plastic bushing for that matter) do I NEED the foam washer? The one I have is nice and saturated with blaster, and it either needs replaced, or left out if not necessary with the bearing.

Scott N.
Those foam do-hickies are NLA.
a_weep.gif

Mother Deere doesn't even carry them anymore!

Attachments

• a_weep.gif
    a_weep.gif
    3.5 KB · Views: 110
Charlie,

Sounds like the Blastered one gets put back........

Or with the bearing, I may just leave it out so I can put a couple of drops of oil in there every so often........

Regarding the foam spacer, when I refurbished my Original I found a workable felt spacer at Menard's that should be available at most any home center. Here's a link to when I posted about it, CLICK HERE and scroll down.

Scott-

I recently posted on this subject and asked what the foam was suppose to do but never got any replies...still don't know/understand.

I use a piece of 1" pipe (painted) only about 3/8" for a spacer where the foam goes. The spacer keeps the bearing in place when the wheel is installed.

How many sets of wheel weights are you guys putting on to plow snow? I'm wondering how much weight I can add to my 1250 without breaking parts. Thanks

Don I was told not to group my dry matt or lead acid batteries with my other tractor batteries. So I group them separate. The Yussa lead acid type needs very little maintenance. Just keep them clean and they will last for a lot of years.

Eric Dively

There is no such thing as too much wheel weight if added to the rear rims.Doing it that way is safe for the axle bearings. I have one tractor here that has over 1000 lbs and it will spin out (129).

Thanks for all the great battery info. I did get them all pulled and in the shop . now to buy some clips and wire and make up some cable jumpers.
coffee.gif

Attachments

• coffee.gif
    coffee.gif
    10.8 KB · Views: 110
Not again...
pcwhack.gif
facepalm.gif

Attachments

• pcwhack.gif
    pcwhack.gif
    17.9 KB · Views: 115