• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 30, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig, I can't tell you much more about it. It's chain driven from the engine/transmission to the rear axle. It doesn't have a rear differential so turning on gravel can be a little bit of a problem. It has 4 wheel hydraulic brakes. The "emergency brake" is like on farm tractors. You shove the brake pedal down and lock it there with a notched lever.

We ordered it from a company in Chicago and it was shipped from California. The salesman said it would come fully assembled and all we would have to do was put the front wheels on it and connect the battery. He lied:

322281.jpg

There's a one inch angle arm frame under that cardboard box. They do know how to ship.

So far, we've had a ball with it. We've managed to avoid the "cow pies" but I'm sure eventually we'll have some cleaning to do before taking it to a tractor show.

Steve, you may be right about the choke, but it just doesn't feel like that's what's happening. I want to pull the breather and check it out, but of course the hose clamp is mounted in the worst possible position to loosen it to remove the breather. Isn't that the way it goes?

First time posting anything So i just had my 1650 kohler rebuilt profesionally and i have been drivein it around it has a rattle
It sounds internal i was wondering. What everyone oppion was on it

First time posting anything So i just had my 1650 kohler rebuilt profesionally and i have been drivein it around it has a rattle
It sounds internal i was wondering. What everyone oppion was on it

Paul-
That's really neat! I shoulda went that route. The shop here us currently up-sizing a Jeep.
322285.jpg

Terry,

Cam shims can be an issue with 16hp singles...slight rattle...

Wyatt,
That's not Dakota Customs is it? I know they build some bad a$$ Jeeps.
buttrock.gif

Mower deck lift on 129
The left side of mower deck on my 129 will lift just a very small amount. Looking over the lift, I am thinking that the left roll pin connecting the left lift arm assembly to the rock shaft might be broken.The arm moves but not as much as the right side. Had the same issue on right side where the pin was broken and the arm moved but not much. Don't know how it moved at all, but it did. Didn't think it was the pin until I removed it.
Is there an easy way to remove the left roll pin. I am guessing not, but I had to ask.
Thanks for any comments
Earl L

Latest posts

Back