• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 30, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John B.
Are you talking about the flex coupling/rag joint?
298776.jpg

Attachments

• 298776.jpg
    298776.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 159
John B.

Here's how to solve your problem!
lol.gif

298779.jpg

Attachments

• lol.gif
    lol.gif
    158 bytes · Views: 142
  • 298779.jpg
    298779.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 149
Kraig,
I don't have the manual, just the paper I posted. Guessing this was the first way the blade mounted before the revision? Also notice that there aren't any holes for the skid shoes.
Joe
298788.jpg

298789.jpg

Attachments

• 298788.jpg
    298788.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 142
  • 298789.jpg
    298789.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 144
Jim p. thank you for turning me in a direction, i do have a meter but its at work ill bring it home tomorrow and update what voltages i have.

Here is a couple of pics of the tiller kit mounted on an XMW 3 point.

298795.jpg

298796.jpg

Attachments

• 298795.jpg
    298795.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 152
  • 298796.jpg
    298796.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 171
I’m new to the forum. Yes it’s ripping out the rag joints. Your picture is exactly right. I first thought this was happening because they were old but then i hooked it up without the ‘rag joints' and it sheared off the bolts after 20 minutes of mowing. The driveshaft must be locking up and the motor does the damage.

Aaron,

Nice work on the kit!!!!

Aaron-
Nice work!

John-
How are the engine mounts on your 1250? I doubt the driveshaft is 'locking up'. Your transmission would explode if that were happening.

If your engine mounts are worn, that could cause the engine to move around and possibly break that rag-joint.

John B. Just a thought here.... By chance you aren't hooking the bolts and the metal braces together and then putting two bolts rubber to rubber? Not being a smart alec however if you're doing that you will shear the bolts and ruin the rag joints. I don't have a picture ... perhaps Kraig does showing correct orientation. Also, are you grade 5 bolts?

Happy September 1st everyone... Off to work so be safe and enjoy the day.

Latest posts

Back