• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 30, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

I have a 2185 that I use for mowing and it was lite in the rear, so I bought a 15 gallon sprayer and mounted it to the back. It has a 1gpm pump. So, I use it for double duty...spraying roundup on the fence and weigth for traction.... If I had a pic, I'd post it...

Stuart

brian, you didn't say if you had voltage and then not if your cranking it over. sometimes when i wash a unit up before i work on it, moisture will short out the points, let it set awhile and it'll fire off. dont know if you washed it or not but a thought. it could be your condenser is shorted or your points may be dirty..., let us know what you find, Tony

Hi Lonnie,

I undertand about having back problems and if the loader helps you out, that's great. I think you did an excellent job building one and glad it works. I imagine my friend and I could build one from scratch, but having plans takes much of he guessing out of it. We watched a couple on ebay, but they went for more than we could afford. Anyway, when we get to building, I'll try to post pictures.

Stuart

Stuart.

Yeah haveing a working set of plans will take all the guess work out of building one from scratch, but that thats half the fun of building one from scratch.

Allen,
You could dig the roots out with this.
BTW, It is painted now I have just been too busy to snap a picture.
39595.jpg

Does a 44" and 50" mower deck use the same size drive belt? 3/8x78 is that the right size belt ?
The deck is on Cub 1000.
Thanks

Hello, I am new to this site and to kind of forum but here goes. I just bought a cub cadet 71 last weekend and the deck it came with is in good shape but the spindle bearings have some wear on them. In fact curiously the one spindle on the outside has much more wear that the others and is noisy as heck. Is there someone that sells kits to rebuild these or new units? Also I would like to buy some good grease to put in these that will make them last after I fix or replace them. Thanks for your help. Mike.

Michael R.
Check the sponsor buttons out above, they have what you need. Also, any grease is better than no grease.

Back