• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 22, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bjamison

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Binder 1650
So when you folks re power the 582, 682 and 782, Nic B mentioned a Kohler Magnum, which I gather would have to be an older engine as they are no longer manufactured?

Anyone dropped a Kohler Command into one of these tractors?

Just threw some different shoes on the 73 for plow day Saturday. Hopefully the nose wont wander as much with these... or it's time for some front weight.
261834.jpg

Command is a common swap.....std in later models..........

John B., you just mentioned a subject that's been bugging me. Lights. Why do we hook them up (besides the tractors look better with them) if we don't use them? My biggest excuse for not mowing after dark is that theoretically that's after the dew sets in. However, before this season's over, I know I'm going to do it.
happy.gif

P.S. If this post confuses anyone, you've got to keep track of new posts, wherever they may be.
happy.gif

Frank... you got it!

We just thought it would be neat to have a plow "night" instead of a plow day. So we will give it a test run tomorrow night while we set out some lands for the plowday on Saturday. I could take pics, but not sure how they will turn out!

Frank - if you were implying that Kens book is going in the crapper, I would definitely suggest a wrapper!

Scott - couldn't help but notice the stove behind the loader. Is the loader in the kitchen? I showed my wife the pic hoping she would let me bring in a few things but I got a pretty bad response.

Frank - I used my lights alot when I lived in CT. Had an acre of wetlands that would dry up in the summer and was a real bear to keep up with it. Had to get'er done when it was dry for certain, so I'd be out there after 9PM even 10PM running with lights and mowing. It was all in the back so it didn't have to look pretty. I thought the lights worked good, except turning corners they are a little behind ya. Ya gotta try it for sure.

Jeremiah - I don't see any updates on the heat shield (baffle). I was thinking over the weekend I'll see if I can measure up the rise of the angle in the middle of the shield. I can get a straight edge underneath the section on the head and place a piece of flat stock on the flat section over the muffler, then take a vertical measurement. Then you can use your trigo to figure out the angle. If I could round up a protractor I'll get the angle at the same time for both angled parts. That is unless you already got it all figured out.

John - that sure is a purty looking 73, and I do like the new front shoes. I have to think they'll stop your slipping issue. Say where do you store that hood/grill housing protector, or is it a shop only tool?

Harry: I may have failed the quiz, but I haven't forgotten the challenge. Had some errands that HAD to be run today. A measurement of the "rise" would be very helpful. I'll try to break out the textbook tomorrow and check my calculations. If we have the rise and the hypotenuse, we don't need the protractor.

Harry,

How about you just send your heat shield to Aaron @ Xtreme Motorworks to reproduce?
I sent my Original seat pan to him way back when.....and now we all have replacement seat pans available.
He can knock that out in like a day.

Frank - because clearing snow in the dark without lights would be tough - how would you ever know what you were running into at ramming speed or when you had sucked the outside Christmas lights extension cord into the thrower? Remember - a Cub's work is never done, rain, shine, day, night and yes .......WINTER!!!

<font size="-2">(although for me, there are limits -- you can keep the winter).</font>

John B., there have been a few night time Plow Days. For example, back in April 2006 at Plow Day 11 in Iowa, the Friday before the actual Plow Day there was an evening Plow Day (Plow Night?
dunno.gif
). Here's a few photos:

261837.jpg

261838.jpg

261839.jpg

261840.jpg

261841.jpg

261842.jpg

My favorite time to plow my snow in the winter is at night. Doing dirt is probaly just as fun

I guess I didn't describe my intentions real good.I plan on changing the entire rear end.Unbolt the driveshaft,linkage and the bolts in the frame.The 125 has internal brakes and the 129 has external.So now I'm replacing the 125 with the 129 entire rear unit.My biggest concern is will the brake linkage line up?

TERRY D. - Doesn't EVERYBODY have an elec. stove in their shop? I use mine to cure powder coat. Has to be electrc, can't be gas.

FRANK C. - Yes, lights are a "Must gave option". I don't use my CC's for snow removal now, but when I did, most times was when it was dark out... shorter days in winter you know. When you go out to move a foot of snow at 4 AM so you can leave for work at 5:30 AM you really need lights. Every thing I own has lights, and they all work.

Plus I have been known to push the issue of mowing late in the day a couple times. It's less stressful for the grass. One year when I was vacuuming up leaves and mowing for the last time, think it was Veterans Day 8-10 yrs ago, I started mowing about Noon, finished up at TWO AM the next morning. Dew wasn't a problem till the last hour or so. I've even thought of putting a light inside the box on the cart I vacuum into so I can keep track of how full it's getting after dark. I carried a flashlite that night I worked so late but that really didn't work as well as I'd hoped.

Good to see Spot making its mark (in the dark too) back in the day. thanks Kraig!

.....Plowing at night......the best time to work ground!!!!!!! Calm, cool, lost in your own world that extends only to the range of the lights, good power, quiet (except for the engine that you are in control of).......nothing better!!!!!

We've plowed at night (when possible) at al but the 1st of my plow days.

Once again, Thanks for the photos Kraig - Awesome display of night plowing!

Latest posts

Back