• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 20, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since I'm digging through old pics on the confuser.......the beginning.........PD#1

243667.jpg

can anyone tell me what parts I need to install an oil filter on my kt17 series II and where I can get them? thanks

Dan,

Look up the parts list on the CC parts lookup site using a model 1811 / 1812 and you will get the parts required to convert you KT-17II. Engine base, filter base, lines, etc.

Kraig--I love that reupholstered seat!!! I'll take it
cubwinker.gif
Did you have that work done at an automotive reupholstery shop?

Dan H--If you look at the thread in the CCC section listed as "KT Series I to M20S" you will see some pics and info about filter placement, hose placement, etc.

Gotta love those pics of that FWD 100!

JJ Smith - Sounds like you've gone over the QA42A pretty good. I would make sure you don't have any rust on the inside of the housing and the shute, since it can really hold the snow back and clog things up. Lot of the guys even paint these with a slip plate coating so nothing will stick. I'd really recommend using the thrower on a hydro tractor like your 1450 with the "infinitely" variable travel speed that's ideal when you have snow inconsistency and depth changes as you move thru it. That's a good pick up on the QA42. Make sure you keep the little 1/4" carriage bolts that hold the cutting edge to the housing (the ones with the IH stamping in the heads). Hard to find if you want to be an eagle eye restorer. The cutting edge is reversable so that might be worth keeping as well. The flanges holding the auger bearings are good keepers for re-use, and the auger bearings themselves are the same standard bearing and locking collar as used on the manual PTO clutch on the tractor, quite a common bearing. And the shaft for the small sprocket can get the key way chewed up so I'd keep that as well. I don't know if you're planning to use it on an asphalt or stone surface but you might want to consider putting runners on your skidders. The have to be welded on the outside edge of the skidder so they don't interfere with the cutting edge depth. They are especially nice to have for a stone surface. The standard skidder is just a flat piece of steel and will cut into the stone surface so your cutting edge gets to close and you'll pick up and throw stones (don't point your shute at any windows or cars, or vinyl house siding). If you weld a runner on the skidder you can set the cutting edge just above the stones and the runner will slide over the stone surface. If you're running on asphalt you wnat the cutting edge as close to the surface as you can get without touching if possible, or you'll just wear that edge off. If your runners are to thick they will keep your cutting edge up to high and you'll leave a light layer of snow so they need to be about 3/16" max. and bent to the shape of the skidder. I used to love running my QA42A on my 1450 when I lived in CT. You do need some type of snow suit or the mist will soak you, unless you have a cab on the tractor. You should be able to throw average consistency snow between 20-30 feet, heavy snow about 10 feet. If your 1450 has the long exhaust pipe coming out of the muffler you might want to consider cutting it off so you only have about 1" of it past the outside of the grill. Or you can also buy the "optional exhaust deflector" shown in the snow thrower parts list. It's a little funky since it attaches to the muffler with a hose clamp (but you could use a muffler clamp) and it's really just a curved piece of metal that directs the exhause downward so it doesn't heat the shute on the thrower and melt the snow. Or you can do something like David Schwandt did in his pics shown below but you have to make sure the shute of the thrower doesn't hit the exhaust pipe when you raise the thrower to it's fully raised position. Have fun and post some pics if you can.

STEVE - I remember your little brother running around on the roof of the barn to get that group picture. Wasn't until you told us he was a roofer that we all breathed a little easier about the way he was running around up there.

Dan's #100 4X4 was impressive the way it could pull that plow. No added weights at all, just the four lugged tires and he never spun a bit. He did have a small problem with the frt axle diff dragging up a pile of bean straw, but then I did too with my little frt weights and rearend. I didn't spend the whole day following Chris Bennett around on his sharp looking Quiet-Line so his Wife could take pictures of Chris & Me plowing, but it seemed like I did.

I remember I took my camera so I could take pic's, but forgot it in the truck in the parking area and never got a pic. It was a great day!

Steve-
That was a great time. I'll have to dig out the pictures I have. I've got some panoramic prints of the line-up. I think I've still got the pictures of a couple guys standing around a pickup at the National Farm Toy Show where someone uttered something to the effect "hey, I've got this crazy idea about plowing a field with Cubs"

Back