• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 19, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lpalma

displayname
Lewis Palma
Lucas...
Post some pix when you get them mounted...
thumbsup.gif

Testing...this is a test of the Emergency Broadcast System. In the event of an actual emergency...<font size="-2">( no one would have known)</font>
<font size="-2">Where is every body, beautiful day in a lot of places,but no one here since 6;10 am ???
Mike F., people have broken this thing before but I think you have the longest run!</font>
lurking.gif
popcorn1.gif

Hello guys. I'm in the process of restoring a 126 and I need to know what is involved in converting a K301AQS into a K301A. I'm assuming that the oil pan is the main difference. I have everything from a K301A from a narrow frame to move to the AQS. I have a chance to get a K301AQS for 75.00 but I'd rather not go out and buy a Quietline to put it in and my 301A is on it's last leg at .030 over and I'm not going to sleeve it right now. Any info that any of you have would be greatly appreciated.

hi does anyone have the dimensions of the pto end of the crankshaft on a 782 with the kt-17 engine.
I recently bought an early 782 with a replacement series 2 kt-17 But the shaft seems to be 1" longer my other 782 with the original motor.
My new tractor has some pretty nasty wear on the shaft and the pto bushing. This is the result of not installing the pto washer and bolt that threads into the crank.
The newer pto has a damaged bushing and the rotor seems to have a groove cut in it from the spinning bushing. When I put a straight edge on the crankshaft stub a .008" feeler slide in for about 3/4" . My plan is to take the crank out and have it built up and turned or cut it undersized and bush it.I would also overhaul the engine while it is apart. I looked into replacement motors, but that may be more cash.how well does the kohler 18 fit and which of the many 18s wil work. any advise would be a great help as I need to find a reasonable way out of this Thanks John

I have attached some photos could anyone tell me if the groove on the rotor is damage I think it is but with the $ of a pto I would love a second opinion John

229160.jpg

229161.jpg

229162.jpg

229163.jpg

John, John, John,
You're supposed to hit the enter key between uploading each photo!
shame.gif

Better hurry and edit your post before Charlie catches ya!!
correct%20police.gif

Hi Marty, I sorry I should write, upload,enter,upload,enter, upload,preview, post?
I can do that. but how do i fix what i just did?

John, I fixed your post for you. It should look like this (except for the space between "\image" and "{pic 1}"):

Text, about Cub Cadets and so on.

\image {pic 1}

\image {pic 2}

I like to see a space between each photo. I also like to see a name entered for each. I typically use 1, 2, 3 and so on.

Melody, I'll measure the rear roof supports on my windbreaker cab tomorrow, time permitting, and post it on Monday.

Thanks Kraig and Marty I left the "am" out of my reply to you no disrespect John

Mark Lundgreen,

Here we go...
First off you are putting a motor that was made for a QL,a wide frame,and you have to make it fit in a NF.First problem will be the dipstick/oil fill,as it comes out the side of the block on a QL,so there will be a problem there. It will hit the frame.A K301A has it coming out the top of the block so you have to make a block off plate on the AQS motor where the dipstick is and replace the cam cover with one that has a a short dipstick in it.This is where it gets tricky as you have to find the correct one or your oil level will be incorrect. Then you have to change the bearing plate over from the A motor to the AQS one to remove the stator setup.Your A motor has a S/G setup so an AQS motor doesn't have the bolt hole for the arm to adjust the belt.You will have to use one of the electric PTO holes to make it work,your belt will have to be shorter,because the hole you will use will be the top one closest to the exhaust.Your oil pan does not have to be changed.Your Flywheel will have to be changed.Then there is the matter of the engine tin and the gas tank mount.You have to change the bolts used in the AQS motor on the head to studs where needed to mount the tank and heat shields.
I am sure other members will chime in with some pointers.

Have a great day...

Don, Thanks for the info for the guys on the original lift rod. I have a just like new one and will make up 30 of them when i get back from vacation next week. I think that our 400 ton pressbrake with the correct tool should make short order of wrapping that end in a loop with the right tooling. Look for them soon.

229170.jpg

Thanks Kraig, I knew you would have the answer. I'm off to work and won't be home till Thursday night, so no big hurray.

Aaron Schmidt - Xtreme Motorworks

AAron that is great news.PM me what you will need to reproduce one when you get them ready to ship. Kraig needs one and I promised him this one . Shipping from here I found out would be $$$. Shipping from you would be a lot less and Kraig would get his lift rod and then I`ll be happy also.
greenthumb.gif

Later Don T

Before I go any farther, can anybody tell me for sure if my Haban 402D will bolt up okay to my 1200? Only thing I can find online is that a 402E included the "new" 16hp tractors in its literature.

I have the underbelly/jackshaft etc mounted, just looking for more info before I have the whole thing mounted.

can somone give me a photo of a IH windbreaker for a 122 that show exactly where front and rear brakets are located i am trying to build my own so anything will help

Troy, for now, click on the web site Charlie listed below your post and look at 'Cabs + Windbreakers'. Kraig can get you better stuff tomorrow.

Back