Archive through August 18, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nic

Pretty much what I was figuring, but nice to have someone else give opinions when swapping stuff out. main reason for the swap is my 38" has been nothing but trouble. Seems like when I figure something out I find 2 more "fixes" that I need to do. Started with belt jumping constantly, put on new belt, then belt jumps a lot, then pulled deck checked bearings repacked adjusted angles on mule drive pulleys and now If I baby it till belt warms up it stays on most of the time. Thinking my last problem is the 80" belt instead of the 81" it calls for. Also think swapping down to the "correct" 3/8" X 81" will help by letting the belt ride deeper in the pulleys with less chance of jumping. I just kinda liked the idea of 12 more inches cut with each pass.

Jeff (and Charlie) - hey, I figured the snow thrower was an IH CC version. That's the only thing worth following you home. The tractor burns oil so I'd leave that.
1a_violin.gif

John, I hear ya on the extra inches! I started mowing my 2acres of US soil with that 42" deck I mentioned. Moved to 44" with the 782. The picked up the OT 2072 with a 50" that went under the 782 cause I finally have a Haban 60" for the OT .

I ended up taking about 1.5 hours off my mow time with width and speed.

Jeff,

Since the decision seems to be difficult, I will take care of that oil sucking useless hulk for you....email the address and I'll run up and take care of it.....

while I was out looking at my new Original,

289506.jpg

289507.jpg

I decided to try and pick up the OT 2072

Oh Oh... this looks like a serious lack of posting here..
animatedihbear.gif

Gerry - I think everyone is studying the photos of the new Original that Jeff posted (new to him that is). What I've been trying to figure out is what is on the seat in the first pic? What ever it is I hope Jeff doesn't sit on it.

Harry, I would expect you to be completed baffled by that item on the seat...

It's a the clutch for that GD Original. its used to engage/disengage the 3 speed transmission. But it's ok, you've probably never seen one before.

flame.gif

Latest posts

Back