• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 14, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtanner

displayname
Donald Tanner
Lewis P

that is what I thought on the price, I do hope to bring it home with me if the price don`t go to high. There is a nice sand blasting cabinet there also and a media tank. I will take some cash and see what I get for it lol.I would think with the IHRegistery down, there would be more going on here. I just hate to have lost a lot of good info on my hobby,That would be a pain.Have a great day all.
beerchug.gif
old.gif

Denny, on the strange things coming out the exhaust the mice filled the muffler on the 147 one fall with dog food and when I started it to plow snow it looked like a machine gun coming out of the muffler. Don't know which was funnier the look on my face or the dog food chunks bouncing around the garage floor.

Well, I haven't been on much in three days because I was getting ready to do this today:

195400.jpg

Finish coat tomorrow. IH white
happy.gif

I've had it with my POS Sears gun. I think it's clogged up a bit inside because the spray pattern is all messed up and half the paint goes down instead of straight out at the part. I switched to the HF HVLP gun after the first batch of primer and never looked back. I can't believe how much primer it took to cover all this stuff, almost 2/3 of a quart.

I must have scraped 2 lbs of paint off of this thing. It was several dustpan-fuls. There were 2 and sometimes 3 coats of paint on everything, and all but the factory paint appears to have been applied with a brush; the paint accumulation was so thick in places that some parts didn't fit together right anymore. After I wire-wheeled the bucket, I discovered 2 more holes and about a dozen thin spots I had to build back up with weld, and then I had to re-weld the bushings in the bucket pivot. KW loader owners, you may want to check that and the main frame pivot for broken bushings, as things wear quickly if those bushings are not intact.

Brought home number seven CC today. My wife says I have gone off the deep end and need to see a shrink!
swear.gif
screwloose.gif
I told her I may be crazy, but i'm happy! Don't tell her,
shhh.gif
but i'm going to "look" at another one tomorrow.
Shift.gif
Here's a couple pics of the new addition.

195404.jpg

195405.jpg

Matry - that ain't no. 7, that's no. 106 - says so right on the hood!!!! (hehehe). You know of course the xx6/xx7 series used poor insulation on the wiring harnesses BUT I see by your occupation that's right up your alley.
Hey, there's only 3 CCs in that pic in your profile. Get us a pic of the others as well.
As for being crazy - well, send me your wife's phone number and I'll call her to confirm you certainly are, along with all the rest of us.

Nice find there, that 106. Hey, why don't you tell your wife you're finally moving up to the top of the line AND GETT'N A HYDRO!!!!! Then you won't have to worry when you bring it home tomorrow.

Hydro Harry
Old Cubs Never Die (and they love being kept in herds of at least 8 or more)

MARTY - You even got a Good pair of NLA 23-8.50 Firestone's with that CC! Looks like it's been well taken care of!

KENDAL - I've seen dog food in some funny places too. We had a little female St. Bernard for many yrs, (little = only 140-150#) She would hide her rawhide chew bones for later "snacking". She had me pretty well trained, every night when I got home from work she'd be sitting in frt of the garage door waiting for Me to open it, get her a dog biscuit, drive the truck in the garage, then get Her another biscuit before I closed the garage door. She would sometimes get a little "excited" when I'd feed her at night, eat a full one pound can of dog food in one gulp!

Does anyone know where I can get a new seat like this? Who makes it?
195413.jpg

Norm

Kevin,

I've checked several & couldn't find it on their websites. Do you know of a specific vendor?

Norm

Norm, C.C. Specialties up top have a listing for it, and I am shure the other parts vendors are able to get you one as well..

Norm: Don't let the price scare ya off. Those high back seats are really comfortable!
thumbsup_old.gif

Don T:
moon.gif
smile.gif

here is a wierd problem was mowing with my 169 full throttle engine was running perfect then was bogging down knocking and blowing smoke out of dipstick tube I shut it off and restarted ran good then did it again only this time sheared driveshaft pin. thought it might be hydro so I removed it and put the one from my broken 149 in it went to mow this morning and after 5 minutes motor did the same thing. restarted and ran at 3/4 throttle and it did not do it again ps was in 3" tall grass if that helps it does no do it with no load on it (mower)

Lanny, sounds like it may be overheating. Are the fins clear and air intake not clogged up? Could it be running too lean?

Lanny: The 149/tiller was doing that last summer and I didn't listen to it. Popped the heli-coil right out of the head!
195416.jpg

If I remember, it was a combination of fuel mixture and timing.
bash.gif

P.S. "Center" screw, the one on top. counterclockwise 1/4 turn at a time until it sounds right.

A comment on the replacement seat cushions..I bought a couple at a show up here in Michigan, they were from a huge pile the guy had stacked in his booth.. I put it on the right way, it looked great and I proudly cruised the Oakley show that year with the 129. The following winter, during the first cold snap, I was out in the woods on a cold day, probably had a heavy coat on, or whatever.. When I plopped back onto the seat a couple of times, the vinyl split in the corners, right where the 30 plus year old one had split. I am guessing the these seat cover/cushions were also 30 + years old.. I'd recommend buying from a reputable source, including all of our Forum sponsors, as they'll have a better idea of what they're selling
thumbsup_old.gif

Got the white sprayed today. Still took 2/3 quart of paint and about 4 1/2 hours. I'll let everything hang for a couple of days before I start putting it back together. I need to wash/wax the tractor first
bubbly.gif

195418.jpg

195419.jpg

Gerry Ide,
You must have BFBS,Cause my seat has no rips in it yet...heheheh
Looking good Matt,How did your fingers do this time?
A case IH dealer I know has that same seat for $80.00...

Now I know someone out there has a answer to this...I hope,what is this slot for on a 70 cub cadet? It is not a PO modification.Serial # is 65709,makes it a 63.I also have another 70 with the same thing,serial # 65692.It is not on the later models

195423.jpg

195424.jpg

Back