• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 13, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtanner

displayname
Donald Tanner
Jerry Harvey "Nines are wild"

I used Charlies diagram for the regulator and cleaned all the contacts . blue gen ,yellow field , grey load !

Don
Remove the blue wire from the regulator G terminal. Hook up battery, does it still crank?

Don-

According to the factory wiring diagram, the voltage regulator for the 149 has the following terminals and wire colors connected to them:

battery (gray wire)
generator (light blue)
field (F) (yellow wire)
ground (white wire)

Note that there is no load/L terminal. You need to verify that you have the correct regulator. Based on information provided it sounds like you have one meant for one of the older models.

Also, don't expect the terminals to be in the same relative position on the new regulator that they were on the original one. It seems that not all manufacturers put them in the same place.

Can anyone tell me the proper length of the head bolts for a K-301 AQS from a 1250? I am working on my nephews 1250 and some PO used the wrong bolts plus lock washers with NO heavy flat washers. The head gasket was blown of course.

I have looked in the manuals section plus I have manuals here but I can't locate this information.

Any and all help will be appreciated.

Wayne S.
It's in the Parts Look up.

7- IH-20153-R1 Screw, 3/8-16 X 1-1/2 Znd Hex Hd Cap Type 8
1- IH-24842-R1 Screw, 3/8-16 X 1-3/4 Znd Hex Hd Cap Type 8

Charlie, whats tommorrow ?
biggrin.gif

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 122
Thanks Charlie-

I forgot to try that route...will remember next time.

done for today guys . I was up at 4am and just came in the house. I will give the wires another check over in the am to see IF I did get a wire wrong. I will fill you all in later . Thanks Don T

Don,

That is one sweet looking Cub 100. Maybe I can get the 102 looking that good as well one of these days.

Charlie won't probably make it this far north to get ahold of this one, I hope.

The yellow fever is starting to take hold. These old Cubs are unstoppable.
feint.gif

Attachments

• feint.gif
    feint.gif
    1.9 KB · Views: 128
Jeff B.
As long as Wyatt doesn't get carried away yet today!
Tomorrow will be OFF TOPIC Friday!
biggrin.gif

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 119
OFF TOPIC Friday! I'll start.

298483.jpg

Attachments

• 298483.jpg
    298483.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 128
OH Kraig!
shame.gif

298486.jpg

Attachments

• shame.gif
    shame.gif
    234 bytes · Views: 126
  • 298486.jpg
    298486.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 150
I'll try to be a little more brand proper, LOL
The cold and snow isn't that far off so I figure it was time to get ready!
298488.jpg

Attachments

• 298488.jpg
    298488.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 122
Charlie, that's a whole lotta tractor - 1466 if I remember correctly. I think it'd eat Kraig's green thing pic for lunch.

Speaking of big IH tractors, I'll miss seeing this in my back yard next spring for we are moving in a couple weeks.

298491.jpg

Attachments

• 298491.jpg
    298491.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 128
Some more OTF...
Anyone going to, or ever have gone to Rollag, MN show?? Ever camped ther on the grounds??

Thinking of making it my 1st truck camper trip with my old Army buddy from Hutchinson, MN. Only problem is, he bleeds GREEN!!! ha ha!

Little downsizing, or major downsizing - moving to River Falls. moving from my 2.35 acres, 30x40 shed, 4 bedroom 3 car garage to a 2 bedroom 2 car garage on a tiny lot. Major change. Its been rough getting rid of things this summer. Currently down to 4 Cub Cadets(oops this is on topic),keeping at least 3 of them. Amazing how much wood and things I have inside the shed.

Vince, wow! That is downsizing.
icon_eek.gif
River Falls is a nice town, I lived there for 3 years back in the late 1980s. However, having grown up on a farm I couldn't stand living in town, not enough space. I need space.
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 120
  • icon_eek.gif
    icon_eek.gif
    170 bytes · Views: 120
Hey now, farm boy here too - I'll enjoy looking at the golf course and the park across the street from my house. plus I'll have more time to actually work on my Cubs versus being busy doing all the other things I do.

Cub Cadet Question! Steering wheel on a 1250 - I think there is a thicker steering wheel and a thin one? I'd like to change the thin one on my 1250 to a thick version if possible, would this work?

Not sure if this is the correct location for this question, I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what the difference is between a Kohler K431 and a Kohler K431a is?

Latest posts

Back