• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 09, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Matt,
What could possibly be/go wrong with putting the plug in that Dave K sells?
I've got'um in all my Cubs and have for years.

Well, since I am not having any luck finding the adapter brackets to put an IH tiller on a CAT "0" hitch, I think I am going to make them. Does anyone have an install manual they could scan? I have the print outs from the parts manual and pictures of the parts installed on the tiller. I just need to see the part that bolts to the tractor so I can get an idea of the size to make it. If anyone has pictures of one installed that would help as well.
Any help is appreciated.
John

Charlie-

I don't really like the idea of putting a tapered pipe thread plug into a not tapered hole. Especially with an aluminum oil pan. Also, time. I have about a week until I go off to college in Florida, so I'd like to get this thing moving again before I leave. I'll probably chance it and buy one when I come home at Christmastime and install it when I put in the 10w30 and attach the QA-36A.

John U.
You mean this?
63617.jpg

Charlie,

I think that is for the later tiller with the motor on it. Atleast that is what the parts lookup says. I want to put a #1 tiller on my 782 with CAT 0 three point. I have pictures Rich Patton posted back in April that show the pieces that mount on the tiller. I need to see the part that mounts on the tractor better thatn what the parts book shows. Attached is the pic. from the parts manual. The parts on the left are what I want to make.

63621.jpg

Charlie,

Thats it. I just want to see what the piece that bolts to the tractor looks like. I'll figure it out one way or another, but pics are worth a thousand words and several pieces of steel if I screw these up a few times.

As soon as everyone wakes up tomorrow, I'm sure we'll find somethin for ya, even if it's off topic for this page.
biggrin.gif
rofl.gif

Charlie,
Only the hitch is off topic. Tractor is IH, Tiller is IH, Hitch is NOS CCC so could be really close to IH. So only 1/3 off topic. Not bad for this time of night
ihrotate.gif

Matt G:

I am curious.....Just why do you think the hole tapped into your drain pan is a NST....???
dunno.gif

If you think about this.....this would NOT make any sense.
63632.gif

Charlie is right....The magnetic plugs that Kirk sells work just fine...!!!!
thumbsup.gif

Matt G.,
I have had a small magnet attached to the bottom of my oil pan drain plugs for my 127 & 129 for quite some time. Although it's only attached by magnetic attraction to the iron plug, I've not had it move around or off of the plug yet. However, I'm sure you could JB Weld a magnet onto the bottom of the plug if you wanted to without causing any problems. Yep, I also have a magnet on the bottom of my oil drain plug on my truck engine & on the end of it's oil filter as well...

I'll have to agree with Roland B., the oil pan drain plugs in my K301s have a NPT or tapered thread - NOT a straight thread.
-- Was your pan drain hole re-tapped somewhere along the way?
-- Does it seal with a gasket or O-ring and have a shoulder on the plug?
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

ROLAND - I agree....straight pipe threads are VERY rare....I'd have no problem using a taper pipe plug. For the sumped oil pans I'd suggest a hex socket pipe plug...they don't hand down as far as the square head style. I had one on My 129 w/K301. Allen wrench was the tool of choice for oil changes!

where is the best place to get the Brass PTO wear button for my 128? I looked through the sponsors quickly but only seen the carbon fiber ones?

Thanks guys. I'll tell you the story about my cam spacers that took 2 weeks to get later. that was a heck of a scavange hunt.

Nic B., I believe that Madson's has the brass PTO buttons.

somewhat o/t, but then again, somewhat on-topic

happy.gif

63635.jpg

COLIN - LOTS of room for a mower deck under that CUBBIE.
beerchug.gif

You ever get the tune-up spec's for Your FARMALL You were looking for?

Back