• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 09, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
David K, That was a nice buildup you did on the K301. I enjoyed reading about it.....and dream of having a motor like that too!

Charlie, Steve B and I weren't even born yet
lol.gif

CHARLIE - That Slant Back Grill Hat Pin looks GREAT!!! Don't You think so too Kraig?

I am new to this site and Cub tractors. The tractor has been sitting for some time, probably a few years. After changing the engine oil, cleaning the fuel system and rebuilding the carb it fired right up. It smokes a lot from both the exhaust and the crankcase breather slot. Also miss fires frequently. I am going to rebuild the k301a in my 124. I saw an overhaul kit listed on one of the sponsor sites that included a piston, rings, intake and exhaust valve, full gasket and seal set. Is that all I will need to make it right again? Also would it be advisable to go .010 over on the cylinder, piston and rings or replace with stock size after a light cylinder glaze breaking?
David in Dayton, TX

Got some more red parts, had to set up a sort of staging area for parts.

Since the Supersteer question comes up often, here's a refinished axle complete with taper roller bearing spindles. Not mods whatsoever to the spindles, about 3/4" was removed from the inward facing surfaces to make fit on the axle, otherwise the same stuff is inside as on Dave Kirk's writeup (long set screw, washer, lock nut). I also add 45° grease zerks to the spindles. Where you machine your spindles will depend on your desired offset and wheel choice.
20818.jpg

I am rebuilding my ported hydro and in the faq it say it important to install the spring pins to there correct position on the swash plate and that a manuel is a must.the problem is my manuel says reassembly is the reverse of disassembly.
irritated.gif
the problem is i took this apart eight weeks ago, and can't remember where they flush or not.does anybody know of a install height of those pins.
confused.gif

Henry T. -

Your last post has been moved to the <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> Cub Cadet Pulling and Hot Rodding topic. That, as may be surmised from the name, is the place to REALLY discuss pulling. You'll find the link on the main page of this forum.
wink.gif

<font size="-2">Well )(*^(%*^%, Discus SAID it moved the message, but I don't know WTH it went...</font>

I just bought a Cub Cadet. It says "1210 Hydro" on the hood. The serial number tag is gone (there are two holes near the left footrest; I presume that's where it was from the info I've read on this website). Is there any other way to tell what the serial number is so I can get manuals, etc for it?

Wyatt,
You can get that "webbing" material at the ocal fabric store in different widths.

Mark "R",
Welcome aboard!

Brian C. -

Unfortunately, that's not an <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> Cub Cadet, so it's off topic on this forum. However, the sponsors above will be more than happy to help you procure the appropriate manuals for your tractor.

You can also try asking in the Yahoo Group - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ihccubcadettractors/

Tom H> You can also get a similar product from Summit Racing or Jegs;it is in their catalogs. It is listed as header wrap,comes in various widths and is not affected by fuel contact. I use the narrow stuff on my turbodiesel exhaust also. Works great for fuel tank use also. You will receive it in a few days if ya order it from their websites.

Look what I found at an upcoming auction! And no it ain't the Green things!
20822.jpg

(Message edited by cproctor on August 10, 2004)

Blatant PSA.........Our "trike motors" have arrived!! Both Anna and Henry weighed nearly 7 lbs EACH!! (lil butterballs huh??)

When given thier vision test, both prefer the <font color="ff0000">RED</font> 82 series for thier choice of Cub Cadets. The slanty grilles made them cry!!! Won't even mention the hiss they had when the Brand X flashcard was shown!!!

Book news.......Would anyone (hint) be interested in an originality guide on cub lo-boys and cub cadets? Speak soon or be left in the cold.

I guess my question has been answered. :)

Sounds like your going to be a busy guy for awhile...

Mike L.
On the Spring pins, Two on the side of the control shaft, drive first one in until you can start the second and then drive the second in until it is 1/4 inch below the swash plate. On the other side there is only one pin and you drive that in 1/4 inch below the swash plate.

I will try and send you a copy of the procedure to your Email address.

Latest posts

Back