• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 09, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apostle-Thanks for the parts today and congratulations!!!!!
happy.gif

CONGRATS Ken!!!!!!!

So much for sleep at your house!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Dave McNair - Nobody answered Your question! Welcome to the Forum. Answer to Your question is: You should pull the engine apart FIRST to make sure Your engine hasn't been bored oversize already. Just pull the head and the piston should be stamped "010", "020", or "030" which were the available over-sizes. If You can't find any numbers You probably have a stock piston so You can use the .010" O/S. If You have "030" on Your piston You probably better contact a sponsor for a rebuildable engine because You can bore Your block to the K321 piston dia., 3-1/2" but the cylinder walls get really weak and the engine may self-destruct. The rebuild kits include everything You need Except the machine work, gasket sealers, cleaners, labor, and hand cleaner to rebuild Your engine! I've "Freshened Up" a K-181 this summer and have a K321 in process now and hope to get a K-241 rebuilt by the end of the year. I rebuilt the K-241 in 1985 and it's served Faithfully for 19 yrs. It'll be a "Spare Engine" incase something happens to My K-321 or K-301.

Ken CUBGRATULATIONSx2!!!! I'd be interested in a originality guide on Cub Lo-Boys and Cub Cadets. BTW, where are the photos of the twin tricycle motors?

Wyatt, nice axle, more photos please!!!!! :eek:)

Charlie, I see an <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> clock and perhaps some <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> toys in the lower right.

Kraig
You're right, the upper cast piece on the 3-point hitch on the 109 and 122 are different. I only measured the one on the 109, thinking they were the same. The extra I have is for a narrow frame.
Thanks,
Bill

Apostle:
sorry to read about the yougin's reaction to Slant Grilles. I guess appreciation for these tractors come with maturity.

beerchug.gif

Ken, congratulations!!!

Bill, the Originals take a narrow one also. They use bolts on each side instead of a pin to pivot on.

"twin tricycle motors".....Ken must be pulling in the hot rod class to have 2 motors on one tricycle!!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Most folks just go for the "farm stock" class...one motor at a time!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

(Of course I can't talk, our first one was more like a "Super Stock" tricycle motor.......still is too, 1/2 a head taller than all of the kids his age and at least 10# heavier!!)

Travis, Bill, however the Original's cast 3 point part is different than the narrow frame version. The Original part at first glance looks like a mirror image of the narrow frame version.

20825.jpg

Original version.

20826.jpg

Narrow frame version.

20827.jpg

Wide frame version.

Kraig -

The second pic makes me wanna cry. I remember when my 100 looked that shiny!

Kraig -

I don't think so...
lol.gif

Folks in my neck of the woods -

I saw a couple of slant grilles for sale in Downers Grove this morning. On Butterfield, west of I-355, about one block west of the White Hen on the north side of the road.

Don't ask me for more details, I don't have them.

Bryan,

Let me guess, there the same ones as last year.
happy.gif

If so, I believe the guy said something about "...Cadilac of a lawn mower.." then asked something like $2000

Tedd -

Yeppers, same corner. For some reason I thought there was only one tractor last year.

Bravo for his perseverance, though...

Richard C thank you for the info & email. the only problem is there was only one pin per side when i took it apart to replace all the seals,so some one has been in there before me and remove the other pin on the control trunnion shaft.there is no marks in the hydro to think it fell out,well back to the dealer to get the other pin. thanks again Mike

Apostle Ken-
Congratulations! Only question will be now, will the twins get Cubbies with twins like Dads??

Tonights little project-
I've always thought the way to check the fluid in the transmission of a Cub Cadet prior to the addition of a dipstick MUCH later, leaves a lot left to be desired.

So I fixed it.

I had a spare transaxle rear cover from a hydro with the "top center" fill. I then added a half coupling (i.e. a pipe coupling cut in half) by way of holesaw & welding from the backside. The port was positioned about 1/2 inch below where the port is normally on a gear drive transaxle. The sight plug was sourced new from an off-topic dealer, it's a 1/2NPT sight plug. It's normal use is in the drive box on a windrower's auger platform. They're not cheap and I probably should have looked more, but this one cost me $23.50. The goal is when the transmission is filled and maintained, to be able to fill the transmission until the fluid level is half in the sight plug, eliminating the spillage of what's left in the funnel and the resulting "dust shadow" of where the oil's spilled. Just shouldn't happen on a new tractor, now it won't.
20833.jpg

20834.jpg

<font size="-2">Instructions for Peerless transmissions will be posted in the ladies' room</font>
happy.gif

well i just check my parts listing on those pins in the hydro and there are only two pins in the swash plate [one on each side] so i guess it was right any way.

Ken Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Won't be long till the stork drops by our place either...it should be fun.

Latest posts

Back