• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 09, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tedd,

My son and I are going on Sunday. Looks like we will miss everybody. again... :^)

Henry T,

Glad to help. The tractor pull was in Eden, WI, and I've posted pictures on the Pulling and Hot Rodding pages of this forum. It was my first time at this sport, so was mainly interested to see how the tractor would perform. Placed second in a field of four (4) competitors in stock class. There were so few of us stockers, they lumped us all together and I got outpulled by a Bolens with what appeared to be an 18 hp Briggs Vanguard V-twin. Next time we'll be 90 lbs heavier and some wider tires on the rear.

Dave K-2-
Who's boat? Yours???
What is it? Viking? Carver??
Nice!
thumbsup.gif

David K.. was it the 1250 you pulled??all the pullers I have ever talked to said that the hydros were worthless as pullers,, anyone running a v twin in the area Im in would not be allowed in the stock class..

Hey Fellas,
As always thank you in advance for your help. I have a 149 with a shuck in the front axle. I'm positive the pivot pin wasn't greased properly but I'm not sure what is worn. I havent' taken it apart yet, but is it the pin that is probably worn out, or does the axle wear as well? There is an axle for sale out there and I might go after it if I knew it was what is probably worn out.

Henry, David Kirk's 1250 was real strong for a hydro;he had plenty of power to play with the bigger Bolens but lacked enough traction to "take" him. Considering the much lighter weight Dave pulled at he was quite awesome,at 1050# I am sure he would have dominated the the hometown stock class. His Kohler was more than enough to outpower the bigger V-twin.
We offered the hometown stock class to generate interest(a first year event) and were surprised that more local tractors had not joined in the fun.

Art- Folie A Deux is a 58' Jefferson FBMY, owned by Don Pedersen, who's a long-time friend of my dad, and a barbershopper of many years. She's got twin Cummins sixes and a 10kw Northern Lights genset (all Diesel). I piloted it from Chicago to Moline a year ago last fall. There were NO cubs aboard :-\ but we had lots of fun!!!

Henry...It was the 1250 that I pulled with. Was hoping the engine had enough Schneider to make up for the inefficiencies in the hydro and this seemed to be the case. I was quite pleased.

Tedd,
Wouldn't miss it for the world! Planning on being there Saturday (if not working) and Sunday. Hope to be running the CAT 60 for a friend of mine. Will be bringing a Cub Cadet too for the tool chaser. If you like steam engines, this is the one to go to.

David K. What motor do you have in the tractor??
around here the engine would have to match the frame.. I:E: a 102 would have to have a 10 hp
a 122 a 12hp and so on...

Anyone know what the material was that made the padding between the Kohler fuel tanks and the tank bracket that's attached to the engine, like the setup used on 100's through 147's? I'm thinking some sort of canvas or nylon strap but I'm not sure.

Got some parts dry enough for decals:
20797.jpg

20798.jpg

Wyatt-
I used fireplace-door gasket material on the Plow Special, but I think the stuff Charlie's showing us is more "correct".

BTW....What color <font color="ff0000">RED</font> is that?<font size="-2">It looks good!</font>

Hey Wyatt- Go down to the boat rental and nab a Mae West lifejacket, yank the waist-strap out of it- that'll work just fine! :-}

Art-
It's IH Ironguard 2150 RED, with a hardener and a Diamond Vogel epoxy clearcoat. My camera's flash seemed to make it not look quite as shiny as it is.

Latest posts

Back