• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 06, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not trying to ruffle any feathers ,, but I had a simular ishue to this on a saltwater fish sight I frequent,, and some of the old hands were always getting agitated with the newbies questions,, because usually the awnsers to their questions were either in the archives or links,, and this ended up becoming a very heated debate on the forum,, who could expect newbees to a site or forum to know where to go to get the info they need ,, ifthey try to follow the instructions they find on the forum, and do not find answers to their questions, so to me they do the next natural thing post questions.. ,, and not alla are forum experts, and have no ideal how to navigate a forum enviorment,, anyway to make a long story short the old hands on the saltwater forum appologiased , and got back to trying to help out the newbees and discussing the things they wanted to discuss,, one of the moderators stated that he had answered one certain question probably a 1000 times,, but in the end he agreeded that if you are new to the forum, your more than likely not going to know where to look for info.. thus questions will be asked..

this is a great site lots of great info and a lot of terrific people, I located my Cub on this site in the classified section, and am coming accross all kinds of info and getting a lot of help from some good people,,

Thanks

Mr Toler-

No misinformation from the sponsor.

This is the premier site for discussion of <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> Cub Cadets and the asking of questions. I believe you will find the participants of this forum quite willing to provide anyone, newbie or old timer, with excellent advice and their cumulative years of experience will provide a wealth of knowlege unavailable anywhere else. However it is expected that you show a bit of reliance on your own capabilities for minimal research.

Would you demean the author of a book because you haven't the initiative to read the book ?

There is no need to portray yourself as sorry. This is not a site to discuss reputations.

alll I wanted was to get the info I had found on point gap and spark plug gap varified,, I didnt ast to be jumped on or ripped,,
oh and asked questions about subframes,,,,
I didnt know ther were so many available I have not found them in my local area...

Please Please can this just be let go......
I will not post anything other than a question after I have serched for the info again...

Keith- Shoulda gone with the INTERNATIONAL TD-444 PowerStroke Turbo Diesel! More power, better milage...arrgh arrgh arrgh!

Paul Brouillette- Part out the 1250..keep the 1200...one of the best tractors IH made. Ask anybody. <font size="-2">stir stir stir</font>

Mike M...be good to see you get a proper set of axles in that tractor.
happy.gif

Is there a common fix to stop the drive shaft from spinning after you step on the clutch???
With my 1200, if it has been running in neutral with the clutch out, it is a good 5 seconds, after stepping on the clutch, before I can put it in gear without grinding gears. I am sure it is just the inertia of the clutch disk and drive shaft. Is there some kind of dampener I am missing?

Thank you.

RYAN - I was going to suggest the same thing to Keith!
RICHARD C. - I bought the Little Brother to that Hypertherm 1000 Your looking at, the 625. I wanted a MILLER but My Miller dealer sells & services Hypertherm and recommended it and matched the Internet price. Like DON said for thin stuff the littler ones work fine. My 40A 625 has severed 1/2 & 3/4" material and slices thru 1/8" material like butter. You'll be amazed at how much time it saves on projects.
DON V. - Hope You get better SOON.... Didn't hurt that BEAUTIFUL Bike did it?
ART - Those three-four little piles are 15-20 minutes worth of work with a CC. You must have been planning on using Your Green tractor huh??? ;-)

Dave K., I think it was Art that mentioned the under size pump wire...... BTW that bridge (the Arcola High Bridge) that Art posted below, is just a few hundred yards south of my house. I'm up on the bluff on the Wisconsin side.
20769.jpg

Great location, Kraig!

Next time I'm up there, I'll give 'ya a shout and find a place to tie up!

20771.jpg

Dave, I think one of the bridge footings will hold your boat. It might be a bit shallow there though. :eek:)

Kraig-

If Dave had either one of these units he wouldn't need to tie up anywhere. Just drive right to your house.

<center>
20774.jpg

20775.jpg
</center>

Henry T.

Glad to help on an engine question. Point gap on Kohlers (and most small engines for that matter) is .020. Spark plug gap on engines equipped with battery and coil ignition is .035 and for magneto ignition, .025.

Jim D.

Thank you for the kind remarks. I really appreciated the advice that you Diederichs' gave me yesterday. All the tips and techniques you kindly shared helped a great deal. I had a blast. A bit too sunburned last night to feel like posting pictures but I'll try to download some tonight on the Puller's page.

It was a great test for my tractor. Was gratifying to have plenty of power - a reserve of it! Was just a bit shy on traction. Rig tipped the scales at 955 pounds (with me on it)and I could have added 100 more to be at the limit of 1050. Next time I'll make provisions to hang additional weights.

Nice to see Don Vogt there too, but only as a spectator. Sorry about your accident - heal up quick!

We need one of those for the Fire Dept if we keep getting these 8-10" rains!!!

Travis, if you get enough of the 8-10" rains you won't need a Fire Dept............

Anyone going to the Sycamore Steam tractor show this weekend?? I think I mught finaly make it this year on Saturday!!!

David K.. again thanks
So where did you pull your tractor at?? I know the club that has pulls in my area ,, you have to make several mods for safty reasons to be able to pull even in the stock class,, and the rules get stricter as you go up in classes,,
and how did you come out ?? did you place??
I know you stated you had plenty of power but not enough traction ,,

I'l have an empty truck bed plus trailer from Milan, Il to Cedar Rapids, IA if anyone needs anything hauled sometime in the next week or so. Just email me.
[email protected]

Back