• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 06, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey everybody! Got a few things moved around, shuffled the loader over to the Mutt, and gettin' ready to fit her up. Gotta take a break to go play a show at the local yacht club for a bunch of ParrotHeads, then I'll work on it a bit more late tonight.

Who-all in this group has Johnson Workhorse Loaders? Anybody ever seen or heard of documentation for 'em? Does it exist? Whatever became of Johnson?

Just got back from Little G,
NOW HERE'S A PAIR!!!!!
20743.jpg

Paul Bell had his gang there,
20744.jpg

As well as Tom Peters,
20745.jpg

This thing was cool too,
20746.jpg

And then there was this poor guy tryin to ride this thing, LOL
20747.jpg

Digger,
It appears that there is a picture of two guys who never saw a "Bucket O Fries" they didn't like posted under your id.
Mike

Mr. Johnson -

Now ya really shouldn't say things like that about two outstanding forum members, one of which happens to be one-half of the <FONT COLOR="ff0000">Democracy of Two&#153;</FONT>...
roflol.gif

Damm, where was I for that shot? We could have been the "Three Bucketeers"!

Dennis -

What, you're gonna let Mike M. describe it himself?
lol.gif

I thought that would be best. I didn't want to be telling his story.

(hover your cursor)

Digger,
As one who belongs to the "I love Buckets O Fries" club,
I feel I am within my rights to report on two charter members.
Mike

Digger,

I wish it was better. I was planning to sneak a good one but forgot.

Thanks for the responses on my 125 drive shaft and hydro creep problem. Been busy driving out of state on weekends helping my mother prepare for a move. I am ordering my parts for the drive train (drive hub, drive shafr and pin)I am hoping the fiber coupler is ok on the hydro end. I was thinking I could install my pin on the drive shaft ahead of time when I could easily support it and bolt it to the old fiber coupler then slide the rear end back in while someone guides the pin into the slotted drive hub. I am not sure what the term splitting the tractor means, but I am assuming that after disconnecting the drive shaft, and some of the hydro linkage the entire transmission case can after being unbolted walked slowly backwards out of the frame. (service manual being ordered also). Lastly in the "great" photos that Kraig posted am I correct that the circled part with the springs is causing the hydro creep? I am ordering the springs and spring guides, and damper plate, but wanted to be sure it wasn't the cam assembly plate directly to the left that is also slotted.
I just want to get everything on hand so once I begin I can put it right back together.
Thanks Guys I am not a machinest, but I am liking this!!!!
jimmac
20755.jpg

Yep did a little plowing about 40 feet and twisted another axle off same side.Going to have to call Midwest super Cub next week and get some heavier axles.Didn't even have the wheel weights on just cloride in the tires.I guess them Stones really bite

Damn Mike,
Looks like you either forund a "weak" spot on the 982 or you have to get rid of some of the wheel cloride.

What's the reason for Mike Horn bein' on the roof? Is he getting ready to jump?

More pix, more pix!!

Jim Mac,

It isn't the Damper plate that wears, it's the Trunnion shaft assembly (detail 50 in the TC113)which is the "L" shaped plate with the rectangular cutout. It can easily be welded and filed back to original dimensions. Just remove the Damper plate and the springs and buttons and you will see how the buttons have worn an "H" shaped pattern into the trunnion. Weld and file the corners back to original square, install new springs and buttons, assemble and you are good to go. Kenny

Mike-
Pretty ironic, when you hopped on your tractor you said something to the effect "let's go see if I can break another axle!"

Looking at the tractor, being the LH side with aluminum axle housings, I wonder if the aluminum housing flexes enough to put the axle out of line with the carrier enough to start breaking. It's got to be something other than the axle shaft doing this, that's the only theory I can come up with.

Back