• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 06, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
982s sure can be tough on those "little" axles. Just get a fine spline set out of a later x82 series along with the heavy carrier and it'll never break. That's what all the pullers run. Otherwise you will just break the carrier next. The fine spline sets are the way to go;ned of problems!

(Message edited by jdiedrichs on August 08, 2004)

Tom H. -

I think he said something about not being able to live without his ruler...
lol.gif

In the TC-113 parts catalog most hoods are listed as NLA. I thought I could assume if the instrument panels which are still listed are the same number then the hoods would be interchangable.
The instrument panels for the 104,105,124 and 125 show the same part number yet the 104 and 124 have manual transmissions and no hydo lever. So the instrument panel s/b different. Am I missing something obvious?
jimmac

Jim,

There is a foil panel that comes with the decal set that covers the unused holes in the inst. panel.

In short, they are "uni-sex" parts hydro/gear....

Steve On my 125 there is a piece of thin metal which has the instrument panel designations on it. Is that the foil you mentioned? I was imagining that the decal was just sticky back paper that would tear open into the hole if there was any downward pressure applied.
jimmac

(Message edited by jmacdonald on August 08, 2004)

Anyone know what the point gap and spark plug gap should be on a K241 10 hp should be???
from what I gather from the kohler service manual the plug gap should be .025 and the point gap .020.. anyone know if this is correct??

Thanks

Hey y'all, I need some opinions. I have two recently aquired Cadets. A 1200 and a 1250. They are both in about the same shape. I have one good deck. I was thinking about making the 3 speed into a beater to pull things around the yard and such, mechanically fine but unrestored. I want to do the 1250 up in a fine restoration to be my primary mower. Would this be the way to go? How durable are the hydro trannys? Are the 1250's more/less desireable? Thanks for the input. Paul

Hi Guys, while cub hunting this weekend I came across a K321 from a 147 in non running condition. I removed the head to see if it had been bored out. I found cuts into the top of the piston and on the head. It appeared something had broken and got caught up in the combustion chamber?? I then took off the oil pan to find alot of broken metal. After looking for the source of these metal pcs. I found that half of the piston skirting had broken off. What could the cause of this be and what do I need to look for as to prevent this from happening again when I put it back together? Thank You

David; broken piston skirt is usually comes from a worn or loose bore. taking care of it will prolong its life.

Henry. the manuals right

Paul; sounds like you're try to start another gear drive over hydro whinner debate

Richard; I have a hypertherme 350. most of the time for the fabrication I do its enough. but there are time I with I had a little more. most of the stuff I work with is 1/8 inch.

Richard,

At work we use a Thermal Dynamics 58.

Very good machine & will cut up to 1/2"

Henry, All-

I'm not sure why these spec questions pop up from time to time.

A perusal of the <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT>Cub Cadet web site and a check of the sponsors' pages will yield a treasure trove of information.

Here is just one that should be of interest.

https://www.ihcubcadet.com/connection/index.htm

some pics of the broken axle from "Twister"Thinking of going with newer carrier and fine spline axles
20757.jpg
20759.jpg
20758.jpg

Maybe these questions pop up from time to time because not all of us know that this info is available on the site or where to find it on the site.. I thought this was a place for Cubbers to discuss things and ask questions if they had them,,

Was I missinformed about this???

I was told by one of the sponsers of the site that this was a great place to get info and that paople were very helpful on this site,,
I serched through the FAQ section on this isshue and didnt find anything ,, so thought I would post a question to see if the info I had obtained was correct ,, sorry for doing so and sorry for offending you ,, and sorry that not all of us have discovered where to find all the info you have...

For those that have been helpful in the questions we newbiees have thank you very much....

Mike M> just do it with the fine spline package= end of problems(period) Never had any bad results. Use an air chisel to cut the rivets that hold on the ring gear,then fasten it to the fine spline carrier with 5/16x1" button -head bolts and you are ready. We have used this in our higherHP pullers for years w/o any failures.

Hey,y'all should have seen David Kirk pull the sled today at Eden,WI. First time out he really rocked! I think he finished in second place against some tractors with more than twice his HP! He drove like seasoned veteran out there! Nice job Dave!!! Besides ,he found time for some great pics soon to be posted here. I even saw "Limpy" today,a renouned NQS veteran puller from the Campellsport area,hopping around in pain all day but smiling thru it all(you know who I mean,right Don???) Great to have you in attendance;next year let's getcha back on the seat of a puller again. Thanks to all who made time to be there!!!

(Message edited by jdiedrichs on August 08, 2004)

Henry,

Go easy......gentle reminders about where things are located around here are occasionally posted for the good of all.

This is THE BEST site for info on fixing you Cub, but you have to be open to a "forum" type setting, and all of the little things that come with it.

Some of us have been around here a very long time, and have welcomed and helped many new members along the way. You will get good info out of the members here, just be sure get up to speed on the "tone" of this site before you get wound up about anything.........by all means, post, ask questions, and hang out on here.........and take reminders about the information on this site in-stride....it's just one more resource for the next problem that crops up.
happy.gif

Mike M.

OK, where did you hide the NOS bottle on that 9'???? You know how it goes, "If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have none at all..."

I know we gave you a hard time about your 9' at Little G, but do us all a favor.....put those fine spline axles in that beast and bring it down this fall......you never know when a JD 400 might show up in the sights of that 9' at PD...you should be ready!!!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Back