• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 06, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoore

displayname
Bruce Moore
Don't forget the drain hole and plug for the tool box modification.

Henry,

Here is your fix

Bend the "pickle fork" up about 1" as shown in the photo in red. Heat the bar stock at the green arrow with a torch to make the bend possible. This will lift the front deck mounting pins and allow you to use the eyebolts to fine tune the fore/aft level. This is the "point C" reference in the FAQ.

20728.jpg

Kraig-
20730.jpg

Guess where Dad and I went fishing this morning?
;-)

Everyone-
Have a good time at Little G this weekend. I was planning on going to a local show featuring <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> this year, but then some big trucks showed up in my backyard yesterday and delivered this:
20731.jpg

I guess it's seat-time anyway...
uhoh.gif

Saw some of my stuff in fresh <font color="ff0000">RED</font> paint today. If I can keep everything going I'll have a roller in <font color="ff0000">red</font> paint when I get back from Montana.

Steve-
If you're taking the shortcut heading west at Maquoketa there's a Super-H Cottonpicker and some other nice IH stuff along the way. If you're taking the way by the monestary there's a detour back there, at least there was a couple weeks ago for resurfacing. There is a shorter way by heading by the DBQ airport, but if you're towing a load the roads twist & turn quite a bit.

to al the guys goin' to Little "G", Be sure to take lots-o-pix.

Wyatt-

Where ya headed in Big Sky Country ?

Your profile e-mail doesn't seem to work.

Thanks for all the info on the subframe guys,, think that area is covered now,, and will dig deeper into the Kohler manual to find the area that covers the points,,

Just so youns know Im in Illinois and in the area I am in I have found very little so far as finding parts for the older cubs, figure most of them have been bought up by the guys that use the cubs as pullers, and most of them that I have talked with had junked all the parts they didnt need other than the tractors themselfs, that they neded for pulling,, have only come accross one guy in the area that deals with the old cubs and he is outrages on parts,,
I drove all the way to Iowa to get this tractor,, because I have not found any for sale close around me , I am sure they are out there have herd of guys that have come accross them , but I havent, anyway ,, again thanks for all the info...

Henry

I'm looking at a Hypertherm powermax 1000 plasma cutter. Does anybody have any experience with one or thoughts plus or minus? It's the brand my welding supplier sells and he treats me pretty good so I am leaning towards the Hypertherm brand.

20733.jpg

Bob-
Heading out for 4 days in Bozeman for a cousin's wedding. Gonna have lots of free time, was hoping that while I'm out there I could head up to MSU to see the 5 millionth Farmall but I still don't think I'm going to get that much time.

Richard- I use a plasma torch every day at work and I would recommend either a Thermo-Dynamics or an ESAB if you are looking at one that runs on 220V IMHO.

Art! That's the St. Croix River... just about 4-5 miles below Arcola Sandbar! Been there with the little runabout! Cool!

DK :)

Dave-
thumbsup.gif

<font size="-2">I'll have another trivia photo for ya tomorrow!</font> ;-)

(Message edited by aaytay on August 06, 2004)

I have the good fortune of driving some serious power to Little G today. I need to drop off some work-related stuff in Epworth on my way home today so I'll be motoring a Ford F-250 SD 4x4 with a Triton V-10. It doesn't seem to mind pulling a couple of Cubs... :eek:) I bought this truck for one of my plants so that they can push snow, run errands, etc. I hadn't driven it until yesterday. Sa-Weet truck! On the downside, I'm told that on a good day it'll get 11 mpg and on a bad day it'll get 8. Ohhh, the price of power!

I'll be the guy driving over small cars @ Little G if you need me...

Arrrrgggghhhh! More Power.
Keith

Hi guys. New here and just got a Cadet 1200. I plan on restoring her in the winter but for now just gonna get it running. Got a few problems like brakes not working and the clutch plates are stuck together. But today I hope to solve that. Glad to be here and I will be checking in for that good old info. Thanks, Paul

Henry T,
What part of Illinois? There's a pretty good pile of us in the northern end, a few around Peoria, a couple around St. Louis, maybe Quincy, and though the map doesn't show it, at least one around Springfield.
If you drove to Iowa to get your Cub Cadet, I would guess you aren't in the South or East part of the state, but I've been known to do stranger things.

Richard, I use a plasma cutter just like that every day and had good luck with it.

Thanks for the comments on the Plasma Cutter. I will check another welding supplier near here but have never liked the service he provides. I don't want to buy off the Internet as I want a dealer close by that I can get service from and when I need new tips I just want to walk in and pick them up (and pay of course).

Keith E.
I have a Motor home on a Ford E-450 chassis with the V-10 and fully loaded with an enclosed trailer with 2 1650 cubs in it the worst I have gotten was 8 mpg interstate in the mountains. The best without the trailer and running cruise on fairly flat land was 10 mpg. Never been short of power though.

20740.jpg

There is a quarter scale tractor pull tomorrow in Eden, WI, at Northwinds Supper Club on Rt. 45, just South of Fond du Lac. Pulling begins at 12 Noon. All Cub enthusiasts in the nearby area are encouraged to come. I'm bringing my 1250 to see how well it will do. Will bring camera as well to capture all the Cub action.

I hear that Bruce M, I as well, as i'm sure other's are too, am interested in any improvement's to deck's, as far as that goes, any and all mod's. This is the best site for all your CC need's. As has been said before, there is a wealth of info on this site!

(Message edited by sleggett on August 07, 2004)

Latest posts

Back