• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 03, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are thier any IH cud swap meets with in driving distance of LaPlata Mo. or is thier such a thing

No Charlie ya don't have to do the trailer switch game ya passed that one off to me, yer great running back!!
err.gif
Plus my little side kick is all excited to be going to Little G on Saturday
smile.gif

Well that's a "relative" term in my case Bryan, I try not to break a sweat unless it's absolutly necessary.
biggrin.gif

Maybe you guys are ignoring me, I'll try one more time:

I found a Haban 402D sickle-mower I'd like to mount on my 1450, but the guy said that he THINKS it's made to mount to a narrow-frame Cub. Can anybody confirm that, and if that's the case, has anybody modified one to mount to a WF? Is it about the same scope as modifying a NF snowblower to mount to a WF?

Thanks!

Ted B. -

Ignoring? Not likely. Have you noticed that the forum has been having technical difficulties lately? We've been lucky to even access the site let alone post around here!

Ted-

I'm not up on all the subtle differences in the letter suffix of Haban products but . . . . .

I have a couple 402-E Haban units that are designed for the IH Cub Cadet tractors. This model will mount to either narrow or wide frame units. You will notice that the Haban sickle mowers do not have any attachment points on the frame of the tractor. Mounting is identical on both frame configurations. The diffrence being in the length of the tractor.

The 402-E instruction manual covers installation instructions on all IHC CUB CADET tractors, 1975 and later. The sickle bar mower attachment is assembled at the factory for use on all models 1975 and up.

To install the unit on 1974 (and prior) models, the front jackshaft input pulley must be repositioned,

NOTE: All other settings and instructions remain unchanged.

Proceed as follows:

(1) Remove front pulley guard assemembly by removing the two hex head bolts.

(2) Remove jackshaft pulley retaining bolt and lock washer and flat washer.

(3) Loosen jackshaft input pulley set screws and remove pulley from jackshaft. The two washers and one washer remain on the shaft.

(4) Next reverse jackshaft input pulley so that hub for set screws face out. Replace set screws and jackshaft retaining bolt with washers.

This change will reposition the jackshaft input pulley rearward approximately 1", to align pulley with tractor PTO pulley on Models 1974 and prior. Replace drive belt 4335 with drive belt 5771.

Charlie-

Or as my friends from northern Montana say when I come up there to help combine. "Hunh. Yeah , and it will snow purple !"

I'll be headed up there tomorrow to help(yeah, right) combine that malting barley that makes Budweiser beer. Maybe some pics if I'm lucky.

Whew! I have my login back!
happy.gif

Bob, good to see you post.

Hey, it works! It's nice to be back...
coffee.gif

Well, there's now one less tiller in Wisconsin now....
happy.gif
I'll get pix of it after I clean it up a bit. How does one tell what model tiller this is? The tag has a serial number (1 U111) but no model number. Unless I happen to stumble across another 3-point it looks like I'll put this on the 128 instead of the 1450.

Ahhhhhh. A weekend of SEAT TIME this weekend.... Clean up the yard & trim some trees with the 72 & cart in the AM.... Mow with the 982 in the PM..... Think I'll enjoy some cold malted beverages too! I've got a WHOLE summer's worth of yard work to catch up on this weekend....

Lucas P. Nice find on the snowblower. Come to think of it I gotta check into one of those I saw sitting outside at a fella's trucking firm.

Dennis F. You have a 982? Sweet!!! A young co-worker wants me to find him one those things. He said that he'd take my 782D too if'n I didn't want it. He said that he'd give me what I paid for it also. Charlie knows how much that is and he'll understand as to why I smiled and politely declined Brandon's offer.

We are getting closer to becoming homeowners also. Single car garage though, nice house and a BIG double yard that needs mowing and nine nice mature trees for shade.

Hey, Kirk Engines website is down, tell me its just a glitch right, please!

I'm building up a 1250, got a 30mm carb off of a 14 horse, should work ok right? I heard the 30mm would flow better. I am planning on running E85 fuel through it. Alternate Fuels... I live in Illinois, we're all about that corn fuel. I wish I could run it in my car.

Chuck

Ted:
Believe the biggest problem will be how it mounts to the front axle. I believe you may have to make different mounting hardware. Axles size may require this. The rear part will adjust to the various lengths. The Haban mounts to the front axle and the drawbar only.

If I go all the way down I will have to stop and meet someone I talk to on www.s-series.org called smallblock. I have never meat him in person before. I will just have to see if I get the cub fixed in time to go. I had a guy at work come up to me today and ask me if I would be interested in a cub just like my 102 but with a blown engine. He told me that everything goes with the tractor and it has every option on it. He told me that a IH snowblower, IH blade, IH disc, IH plow, Duals, IH plow, and I think he also said he had a IH pull behide mower al goes to. I asked him if he would be interested in a trade my same as new MTD snowblower for it and he told me give him the weekend and he will let me know on monday. O did I memtion he got the set up for free it was just gave to him by anouther freind.

Chuck F. -

Kirk Engines is fine. Works great. Never went down. It's on the PC behind me, whereas the forum is not...

Folks need to chill - there's a difference between real problems (like the forum's server disappearing all the time) and "internet busy signals" where sites can be unreachable from time to time - there could be a problem or hiccup anywhere in that wire between your PC and the server.

Back