• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 03, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I'm back from vacation and am reading like mad. . .

Charlie! (or anyone) what size belt do you use to run a tiller on your 147?

confused.gif
<font size="-2">they didn't have a smily face for lazy</font>
--Ray

Kraig & terry,
Sorry, I've been gone all day. Here's the spots I was refering to, they probably don't need welded, but they caught my one eye!
36868.jpg

Charlie,
That was my second though of what you were talking about. My welder is a 120 volt wire feed. It welds good but doesn't have enough power to burn more than 3/32" or so on a butt weld. When I am going to weld something thicker than a 1/8" I grind the metal to a point, much like a chisel. Then when I weld, it welds all of the way through, or at least the most of the way. I have busted my butt welds that I didn't grind and I have yet to bust a weld I have ground. Now as far as cosmetics I probably should have ground the ends and welded them too.

Here is the finished product. The funny thing is that it steers easier too.
36873.jpg

36874.jpg

I probably should have cleaned the axle before installing the spindles. My that looks greasy.

Bob M.

The biggest CCA L&G battery that will fit. Look for CCA of over 300 and CA of over 400 amps.

Terry,
Question for you and anyone else that has a loader installed.
How come you don't have heim joints? Just curious.
biggrin.gif

(Message edited by cproctor on August 07, 2006)

Charlie,

The reason I dont have any Heim joints in my loader tractor is, I have found a set to install as of yet.

Posted on another forum.
That guy just can't figure out why his Cub won't start! Hmmmmm
biggrin.gif

36879.jpg

(Message edited by cproctor on August 08, 2006)

Terry, the spindles look good to me. They appear to have the best features of both the wide frame and the narrow frame designs.

Charlie,
I replaced my joints before I built the loader. When they get sloppy I'll replace them with grease-able Heim joints. I was thinking about rebuilding my spare steering column. I have a tiny bit of slop in the one I have. Although they probably all have slop.

CHARLIE - My Buddy gave Me a set of heim joints for My 72 about 20 yrs ago....they still have NO SLOP...I've maybe oiled them twice in that time... They were for hyd. controls on big yellow excavators built in Davenport, IA....the ones built on the east side of Rt. 61 north of I-80. Dad gave Me a toolbox full of the regular OEM ball joints before His auction but I doubt I ever use any... Heim joints cost a few dollars more but are worth it.
TERRY - The place I'd watch those spindles is where the spindle stub is welded to the nut on the bottom. A gusset to support the little tab the spindle runs thru wouldn't hurt either, Esp. with a loader. A broken spindle or front axle with a heavy load in the air could be bad news. These little Cubbies aren't CAT articulated endloaders.

Ted B.
I have a Haban Mower that was purchased new for my Dads 123 CC mounted on one of my 1650s. I cannot say for sure that it is a 402D, the data plate has been gone for years. I made some small parts to mount it to the front axle without modifying the mower itself, the other mount on the rear fit perfectly. I also added a cable and some pulleys to use the hydraulic lift. Your profile E-Mail didn't work but if you contact me I can send a couple pictures,I haven't learned to post pics here yet. If anyone wants to post the pics I will E-Mail them to you.

David, feel free to email the photos to me I'll post them for you.

Charlie,
Thanks!
Wow, it's been a while since I looked at the FAQ's. You guys have been busy.

Scheeeez, Charlie. Next thing we'll be seeing donuts on here for breakfast.

Rev -

Body ain't even COLD yet...
lol.gif

Latest posts

Back