• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 30, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbdavis

displayname
Terry Davis
Mike - hear ya on the trailer. Starting to get expensive for sure.

I'll agree with ya Harry.. They shoulda asked YOU! Certain they woulda got an opinion and known exactly where you stood!!
biggrin.gif

BRYAN_SHAKES.gif

haven't seen Bryan in awhile so...

Dennis Frisk:
I was able to get the Governor Shaft back in place with out a major Tear down. Tighten the brass bushing and made sure the Philips Head screw was still tight.
Started the 1200 and It Runs great.
Dennis thanks for the Information.

Hey Terry, if you need a bead of weld run on that 122, maybe I could bring my welder with me when I come pick up the other stuff. Let me know. Planning on coming this week hopefully.

Frank W - hey sure glad you got that governor back together alright. I was a little worried you would have to get inside the engine and as I understand that governor is a hard one when everything is already assembled.

Mike - I wonder if that's a pic of Bryan sittin on his 169. Ya suppose?

Hi, I'm looking for some parts resources in New England for the old cub and kohler stuff I know Rhode Island is a great place for stuff however I don't know who to contact any help wiould be great! Junk Yard perhaps? Thanks Jeff

Jeffery
Welcome to the site. Bunch of great people on this one. Vendors carry a ton of parts. Hope you get some leads. Might want to also check your local listings...don't want to mention any names but my uncle Craig uses them. Good luck.
WELCOME.gif

I'd like to post some pics, but can't remember the size limit.

Jeff: Check out Zagray Farms in Colchester, CT. Bunch of CC guys go there (there's a meet this weekend that I'll miss, darnit). A funny looking guy known as Do-Da might be there to help you in the right direction.
happy.gif

Doug
Try "frequently asked questions" at the top just under the vendor listings and go to question 22

125 Hydro.

This is my first post been reading the forum for a bit.

Just got the 125 back together after replacing the seals in the hydro unit. (They leaked and the nit worked). Linkage to the throttle works and the trunnion has been repaired. Is there a need to bleed the hydro unit to get it to work?? I did not see a procedure in the manual. Shaft spins but I cannot get any forward or backward movement on the tractor.

Any help would be appreciated.

Harry, re; that pic of Bryan, well, over here in the Northeast, we heard it was caught while he was snagging someone for sittin' on the original at a Red Power Round-up.. 2000 I think it was!

Funny how his arms never got tired! rofl..

Harry's quote: Mike - I wonder if that's a pic of Bryan sittin on his 169. Ya suppose?

Is that after the Balance Gears were removed?
clappy.gif

Carson Haines: Are your check valves working properly?
1a_scratchhead.gif

What's a "nit"?
1a_scratchhead.gif

P.S. Welcome!
groupwave.gif
happy.gif

As ET would say: "Need input". Or was it "More input"? Or was it both?
happy.gif

The 125 is a great tractor. Got pics?

Frank C...

Too bad you will not be there.
But I will be up in Maine on Thurs.
When do the black flies begin their feeding frenzy?

Nit is my bad tying. Should have said unit meaning the hydro unit.

How do you check the check valves. I am new to hydros and need some guidance or if someone rebuilds these things I could pull it ans ship it.

I have the seat unit off at the moment but can post a picture maybe tomorrow,
Thanks

Carson

Dear Do-Da. Great high temps right now so the blackflies won't be far behind. Just got home from Oxbow (30 miles south) and the mosquitoes are there. Ice left Portage Lake today.
Charlies giving us a little leeway, now, I think because the Forum's been a lot slower than normal. So, to try to keep this post on topic:
There's a pair of 123's for sale on ebay that it's killing me not to be able to get. You all know my affection for the tractor that introduced the hydro trans to the Cub Cadet line! What a wonderful chance to get started in the "Old Tractor" hobby. Of course, there's a learning curve that must end in a graduation process, but I haven't heard or seen of anyone who's got there yet.
Tomorrow I'm committed to doing the maintenence on (you guessed it) a 123 that I sold to a friend at least 4 seasons ago. I'll take up some web space with pics.
happy.gif
happy.gif

Carson Haines

did you fill the hydro filter before you installed it. I always remove check valve and add some hytran into that area to help the pump prime quicker.Starting up a tractor after a dry filter is replaced and then adding hytra cause a dry start and can damage the plungers where they run . this scores the plates that the plungers run on and can make the hydro with lees efficiency . I fill the hydro filter and install it then fill the rear end and remove one valve and fill the hydro pump. Turn in the check valve finger tight and start the tractor. I have see some air escape around the check valve when I start the Cub. This is how I have done it and have no idea if this is correct . But I think this gives the hydro pump a chance to get fluid before starting it dry causes to much damage to the pump.

Latest posts

Back