• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 30, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve b. napa has one that I'm going to install on a off topic tractor that has vapor lock issues, the part # bk 6101051 psi 1.5 -4

Working on assembling my 982 today. I have a question about the large spring on the trunion. It floats between the two spring caps by about 1/4" is this correct or should it be held snuggly between the spring caps? The small one is keeping the end caps in place and apart.

258039.jpg

Thanks

Jim Storma

The last few cub trunions that I have repaired I place a washer over nipple of the spring caps on both ends. I found the big spring fit tighter and the cub worked great

ok lets see if I can successfully post some pics

these were from last weekend when we burned brush pile. unfortunately it was so wet and soft that 106 kept sinking in and wasn't much help. I don't think a leaf blower or air hose will get it clean
258045.jpg

258046.jpg

Mike M,

IH never made or offered any stakes for a #2 trailer. Those are homemade versions by a previous owner. The trailer did come with the stake pocket provisions spot welded in place.

Donald,

I stopped at the hardware store and bought some grade 8 washers. One washer was loose, two is a little tight but figured tighter is better. I'm sure with that big spring loose and able to float around is a cause for hydro creep and the infamous slowing down and speeding up one gets with a load increase and decrease. I think I'm going to start a new thread under the referbish and restore area so people can check out my progress and get some tips from people and also provide some help to others as I go.

Doug B.
The only thing that comes to mind seeing that first pic is Fred Flintstone, LOL

BTW, hit that Enter key after each pic.
beerchug.gif

Brian- I have had the same trouble on my 1250. Mine was the adjustment on the rods that control the trunion plates. You can adjust the length of these to give more speed in either direction. You probably have too much total speed in forward and not enough in reverse. That made mine very sluggish in reverse to where it would hardly go in reverse up a hill at all

Back