• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 29, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a 126 cub cadet last weekend and I found its not charging the battery and I have checked everything that I know of and I can't find anything thats looks wrong.I was wanting to know if I could use a voltageregulator off of a 100 cub on it with the 4 wires?Thank,Joey.

Joeseph, The 4 wire uses Batery, Line, Armature, and field. The 126 is going to have 3 wires, Battery, Field and Armature. The differences, I think, due to the 100 useing a push button starter and the 126 a seleniod start. The B line for the 100 is hot all the time and the Line wire is switched. So, just thinking to myself, if you add a dedicated wire on the 126 from the battery + to the B terminal it might just work. I've never done it though.
happy.gif

Took the kids to a tractor pull today so had to stage one of my own when I got home.

224802.jpg

Made it back from the show late yesterday evening. Thanks for the compliments from everyone.

Aaytay,
The S-10 pulled my cubs ok. It won't do 0 to 60 in 10 seconds, but it will get me there. I did pass two bikers on the way home!

Kraig M.,
Notice the 2x6's wedged between the tires in the last photo? I hadn't put the last board in when I took the pic. They worked great! I just drove the cub up to the front board and pushed the rear board against the rear tires and down into the slots. After placing the two cubs in front, I repeated the process with the last one.
I will try and post some pics of the show tomorrow.

Charlie,
I like the "instant link" to the sponsors and information. Someone asks a question and instantly they are answered or referred to the sponsors without even looking at the FAQ's. I know why too.......you haven't seen any dirt since October!
lol.gif
Does it ever thaw out up there?

Guys,
Need some help, Have a 129, picked up last fall.
Had blown head.
over the winter did a complete engine tear down and rebuild. New piston,valves, bored .010 over cylinder scored. new coil points cam and crank were within tarlorances. put back together this week end, went to start and it is back firing, out the carb and the exhaust?
Though was timing, static timed it was dead on the S at a little over .020, though might be carb, also rebuilt carb. installed carb from 1200 same thing.
It tries to run and is stiping and sputtering.
Might it be the valves are not closing and opening properly?
have check the clearances at TDC seams right, pulled head lots of carbon on piston and valves for not running dark black?
Need to know what to do next?
This is my first complete rebuild!
Thanks,
Dave
Go Cub

Dave-
Welcome to the forum.

When you reassembled the engine, were you sure to match up the "timing marks" on the crankshaft and camshaft?

If it's backfiring out of the carb, that's more indicative of an engine related problem, not so much a carb related problem...

Dave, back firing, out the carb AND the exhaust?

If it's backfiring out the carb it's due to the fuel/air mixture igniting before the intake valve is fully closed. I've never heard of backfiring out the exhaust unless it happens when you have a hot exhaust/combustion chamber when you shut it down and the residual fuel/air mix ignites not from the spark plug but by the carbon deposites/exhaust heat.

if it's just the carb backfiring and the valves/camshaft are correctly installed, then timing can be an issue. If the spark is initiated before the valve is closed the carb will backfire. Are you positive that the crank and cam are properly installed and not one tooth off?

None of your symptoms are carb related, only valve/spark/timing related.

This site might help you.

http://www.kohlerengines.com/maintenance/basicTroubleshooting.htm

A hint when setting timing. Use some solvent and cleqan the area of the timing mark. Let dry then paint the mark with white-out. Then when you set your timing with a timing light the line will be clearly seen.

Good luck and keep us informed as to what you find.

Bob

Dave -

Echoing Art, timing can be sensitive and could create the conditions you describe. I've had the greatest success with a timing light and dynamic timing, using the flywheel sight hole and a screwdriver on the "points notch."

I have a QL 1450, and at low RPMs the tractor surges forward when I raise the hydraulic lift. Can someone point me to what I need to do to correct this? Thanks.
joe

Latest posts

Back