• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 29, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
Seth, here's a wiring diagram for starters, no pun intended.

150745.jpg

Seth
Make sure the wires are connected to the correct terminals of the regulator. The blue wire goes on the GEN terminal, and the terminal must be marked as such. Just because it may have been on the "middle" terminal, etc. on the old regulator does not mean the after market regulator uses the "middle" terminal for the same purpose, so make sure the wires go on the correct terminal regardless of the "position".

Kraig,
No, sadly the conversions were not recorded, but Harold and I had talked about doing that some weekend at his farm in Indiana, and that never happened.....

Kraig:
Gotcha....thanks
The 129 is an April '73 build, sold in June.. The manual that I've got is Rev 3(7-72) and shows my style deck (with the half round "turf slicer" runners. But I've always wondered.....

BTW - wrong blades (too long) make themselves known and take care of themselves....(sparks and noise) if left on too long.

Looks like you fixed it Kraig
happy.gif

Dennis...I will be going to a salvage yard a friend of mine owns..hopefully this weekend..maybe I'll find something of interest
dunno.gif

Has anyone used any of the briggs or Honda repower engines on their cub. I have a 149 and a 582 that both need engine repair and I am thinking about going with one of the newer engines. The tractors are both worth the money but I don't want to spend if the engines ar not worth it.

Thanks Kraig the pictures of the spring assist were very helpful.
150756.jpg
150757.jpg

Jim B.-

I would just rebuild the original engines. That's cheaper than replacing the engines. Those Briggs and Honda V-twins will not have the torque of the K-series Kohler or the horizontally-opposed Briggs.

Kraig,
To add to the Harold Schramm legend I was standing in back of that last picture. That weekend I asked Harold at RPRU what he thought of red cub cadets and he replyed there never should of been any red cubs only yellow and white.

Two noobe questions. When ordering a decal like this (rear end) is the size stated the size of the entire decal or is it the size of the foreground? I have one painted over. But it is of the foreground ( IH ) without the white part. Was this someone being creative? I haven't seen any like it.
150765.jpg

What would be the proper size for a 72 series? I know that was a third.

does anybody have a picture of the breather assembly and filter from a narrow frame? I have a flat, flexable t shaped piece, and the piece the filter fits in, but don't know where the black flexable t shaped piece goes!?! wondering if it goes in first? thanks.mike

Greg, that 100 really looks great! nice job for sure..

Greg P, great looking model 100, what brand 6-12 ags are on the back? Cheers Mike

I've been working on a mower to mow under a barb wire fence for several months. I got it far enough along this winter to try it out this spring. Seems like I have to make some changes everytime I use it, but it seems like it's going to save us a lot of work. The wife and I probably mow an eight mile of fence row with weedeaters. This thing has worked great on the areas of tried it on.

150772.jpg

150773.jpg

Mike, they're Firestones. Kendell thanks for the info on the pics. Next up:
150782.jpg

Paul F. Nice piece of equipment, it looks well built!

Back