• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 01, 2019

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
s there a difference in air filter between a kohler K17 series I and II?

Tristan-

The Series I and Series II could both have had the same air filter, but Kohler used at least two very different air filters on all KT engines, depending on the original application.

682/782 S/N 669970 & below had a square air filter housing and takes a different filter than the round housing.

LINK

Been having issues with 982 #2 hunting a surging. I remember a long time ago someone saying this could be due to an air leak in the intake or an o-ring in the carburetor.

Looks like the intake is two halves and may have been repaired at one time as there appears to be RTV silicone between the two pieces. Couldn't find anything in the manual about taking this apart to repair. Does it come apart? If so what's the best way to do it?

Thanks,

Jim

325136.jpg

Greetings.. I am back in the forum after a long hiatus. Some here may remember me. A lot of changes since I was here last. Moved from NY to Wisconsin, downsized, and retired. Much smaller property than the last place and no front yard to speak of for the 149 so I am getting it done in about 10 minutes with an EGO. But there is a large enough yard behind for some seat time
happy.gif
. I am about 35 minutes away from Madson's service so I may take a ride over soon to personally thank them for all they have done for me in parts and tips. The Wisconsin house did come with a fairly new 2 1/2 car garage so there is plenty of room for new projects and maybe a redo of some problem areas of the Cub. Good to be back!

325143.jpg

Brian

I polished up the stator and put it back on the 1250 all is well. Must have been the combination of dirt and corrosion on the stator. Thanks for the help

When I used my 1250 and #2 tiller last week I only used it for about 20 minutes to try it out and the ends of the main drive belt for the tiller started to fray. I have it adjusted correctly what was is the groove supposed to be facing when it goes through the idlers? Also could a little bit of play in the bracket holding the idlers cause the belt to wiggle around and fray? I really dont want to wreck a brand new belt.
Thanks

Aaron
Do you have the correct mule drive for the tiller?
If you are trying to use the mule drive from a mower deck and the idler pulleys are skewed to the left to power a 44 or 50 inch deck, it is the wrong mule drive.
The idlers on a drive for a tiller should point straight back o the gearbox pulley and be parallel with the tractor frame.
There in may lie your problem.
Down load the correct manual for your #2 from the manual section on this site.

http://ccmanuals.info/pdf/2 Tiller Operators Manual.pdf

Latest posts

Back