• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 10, 2019

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbratton

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Justin Bratton
Ron,
Battery stays normal, doesn’t drain or get weak. I did replace all wiring with new and followed R. Bedell wiring diagram. I did not realize the amp meter had to be wired correctly. I did not see any - + on the amp meter itself. That’s for you help Ron. When I have a chance I will swap the wires that go to amp meter posts.

Some people should not own tools.

324250.jpg

Thankfully, that weld had zero penetration and was easily defeated.

Ron,
It was wired wrong. Swapped wires on the post and it shows charging when fast idle and ‘O’ when idle.
Thanks again for your help.

Yep! Have the L bracket in hand. Didn't realize it was in the box of parts. I remembered not seeing that part on my 1650 at all and that I needed to remember where it went.
err.gif
It's been about 6 months since I touched this tractor and was a little surprised when I found it.

I have to agree it goes on the engine stud and must hang down for the coil mounting like Ed said. I was dry fitting the baffle on that side and thought there was an issue that it wouldn't line up well with the threaded hole in the side of the head. For some reason I thought it held up the air duct from the underside and was used in one of the threaded holes on the PTO side of the engine. Did a lot of looking in the manual and pictures on the internet and could not find where it went.

Goes to show if I'm going to leave something apart for that long that I need to start taking pictures of the disassembly.

Planning on working on this tractor tomorrow afternoon. I'll let you all know how it turns out.
happy.gif

Thanks for posting that olden days Snow pic, Kraig.

Junior better be in 1st gear or hang on tight cuz he mite do a face plant into the hood at the curb with that non-trip blade..

Kraig,
Yes, thanks for posting all the history pictures. It’s neat to see that stuff. Also, I agree with Craig, hope that kid doesn’t do a face plant!!!

Glad that you are enjoying them.
happy.gif
Here's a few more.

324262.jpg

324263.jpg

324264.jpg

What black do people paint the foot rest on a 100 glossy or a matte color

Tim, I would go with gloss black. Most refurbished narrow frame Cubs that I have seen have had gloss black foot rests. <FONT SIZE="-2">IMO, FWIW, YMMV, My $0.02, Yada, Yada, Yada...</FONT>

Kraig,
That’s awesome!! I got a couple framed advertisement pages from magazines on a book shelf! Scout, anything less is just a car!

In addition to working on cub cadets, I’m also restoring a Scout II. But, I just love anything IH!! Would love to get an IH fridge one day and a Travelall and a ....I better stop...I already have to many toys....

Now I know why those pan seats are always cracked around the mounting bracket! Darn clowns are standing on them
happy.gif

Love the old pics, had 2 Scout 80's- one with truck bed, one with travel top and enjoyed playing around with them. Little slant four engines they have are pretty cool!

Here's some old IH Scout related photos taken up at my families deer hunting shack circa 1961-1963.

This is my uncle Bob (in the doorway) with his father in law Ralph. The Scout was owned by Ralph's son Bruce. The hunting shack was truly a shack, tin siding and roof with cardboard inner wall covering.
icon_eek.gif
The shack was torn down in 1973 after my dad and his two older brothers built a new Stucco sided cabin. The shack and cabin were built on leased county forest land in Northern Wisconsin. The cabin was moved a few miles in 1995 to 40 acres that my parents bought in the late 1980's. My siblings and I now own the cabin and 40 acres.

324282.jpg

The next two photos are screen captures of old 8mm home movies. That's my parents 1957 Willys. Note the home made topper on the Scout.

324283.jpg

324284.jpg

This is my father. The coyote was shot by Bruce, the guy that owned the Scout. Not sure why the hood was up.
1a_scratchhead.gif

324285.jpg

Kraig,
Nice family history there. I’ve been to Northern Wisconsin one time when I was a teenager on vacation. It was a fishing resort on a lake....lake bucktatabon??? (Been many many years ago)

What ever happened to Ralph’s Scout? Those Scouts were prone to rust....

Back