• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 26, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig-
Looks like I need to stop buying Cubs now. Ya see, you were my outlet for the bare chassis(s) once I got done pulling all of the good parts off for myself. Sorry to have gotten you in trouble...
uhoh.gif

Help ! I am trying to install a noise suppresion muffler pn# 59365-c1 on my 149 but the larger heat shield is nla. Does anyone have a picture of one or know were to find one to copy.

Thanks

Kraig , you have to start hauling them in at night. taking them apart & hiding the parts all over helps keep it from looking like you have to much

Don, the 48" deck and QA42 auger and the other parts that I got from you <font size="-2">(BTW, thank you very much for delivering them to K.D. at PD7 for me!)</font> were squirreled away in the dark when I got home from WFM. :eek:)

Paul A., check with Travis at CC Specialities, see the link above, he may have the heat shield you need. I think it's listed as a 169 engine heat shield. But then I could be wrong, the pictures I posted below are of Hydro Harry's 169.

Kraig, actually they're different. The 16hp has a different headbolt pattern. It would be an easy modification, but it doesn't bolt right on.

Travis, thanks for correcting me. Is the overall shape the same?

I ditto what Don said about scattering things out. Another nice alternative is to have off site storage. For me, that is AKA, the farm home place.

Steve II gave me great advice once. Pay in cash and eat the reciepts!

(Message edited by jluckey on April 27, 2004)

When "she" asks, I always just say the money went to "cub parts". As far as I care, the fact that they're assembled into a tractor is irrelevent...
;-)

I must have a better "she". I don't have to hide anything
lol.gif

Kraig, I think the headbolts holes are the only difference.

My wife's issue is with the look of a bunch of tractors setting around. Until I get the lean-to built onto the shed they have to set out under tarps. I have to agree with her I don't want the place to look like a junk yard, but for a short while it'll have to look slightly like the start of one. I'd prefer to work on the Cubs and get them completed so I can get rid of the extra parts. Before I can work on the Cubs I have to finish residing the house so the pile of siding and trim is out of the shed, it's taking up all the space. Once the house is resided I can start on the lean-to, it'll be for storage of Cubs and parts and the shed will be the workshop. It's not the biggest space but it'll have to do for now.

Travis, yeah but remember, you're only in it for the money. :eek:)

I did get the Brinly backblade, but there were some sparks until Kevin and I figured out what really happened...he thought I had sniped it out from under him.

I won't post the name on here unless Bryan says to do so, but I will tell anybody who wants to know, and Kevin would probably validate the story if asked. My email is in my profile.

Checked out the archives but don't see the tiller belt number for a 149. (1A tiller) Can anyone help me out here? (The LONG one.)

Kraig,

If I'm not mistaken Harry's is converted from a 14 h.p.

This may wake him up haven't heard from him in a while.

He would be the one to ask.

George H.

Ryan, good call. Clutters up the board. I know who you're talking about though ;-)

Kraig -

Dontcha have the pic of the quiet kit that I got about a month ago? Should be the right heat shield in the box...

Back