• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 26, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
George, thanks, I was trying to help Paul A. find the info.

Bryan, if it was posted I have it. I'll go have a look.

Bryan, this is what you posted. Doesn't show much of the heat shield.
18173.jpg

Kraig -

Sorry!!! I shoulda known better when I took the pic
lol.gif

Sigh, now I owe you AND Ken some pics...

Kraig/Travis
Thanks for the help on the heat shield, I bought one from Travis, I hope it works. has anyone used the quiet kit? how did it work?
Thanks

Thanks Dave for getting though that mess I'll have to put on my glasses next time . It does look like that 72 Kraig but it's missing apart of the dash . I'll post a picture of it here soon.

Dale, if the hood looks like the 72, 1x4/5 series and it's a gear drive and part of the dash is missing it's most likely a 104 or a 124. The 72 is a gear drive but has a smaller steel dash rather than the fiberglass dash. It's not uncommon for a portion of the fiberglass dash to be broken off. If it had a factory 12hp it'd be the 124 if it has a replaced 12hp it could be a 104 or a 124. Many people when replacing a 7hp or 10hp went to the 12hp because they drop right in.

Thanks Kraig I'll just have to get the ser. no# and go from there . It sure mowed well last night even with the grass being wet.

Well I don't know folks, the shield in my quiet kit looks the same as the one that Harry's got on his 169.

18176.jpg

Bryan,

True, but I think you'll find that the hole spacing on the shield you have is just a little bit different. Remember, the 16hp motors have an extra headbolt.

Bryan, it almost looks like the 169 shield was made to work in either application.

I finally am getting around to swaping the used 14hp (bought from one of our sponsors) into my 129. When I got the 12 out I was surprised to see how much bigger the 14 was physically. Does anyone know the difference in weight between the two engines?

One other thing. The 129 is one my Dad bought new. It's always been in the garage, what a pleasure it is to work on a nice clean unrusted unit. Everything came apart without problem. Can't wait to get it running.

Travis,

Where is the ride-on sulkey????

Nice 44" engine stand!!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Hey Travis... I think you were plowin' too fast when you hit that rock at WFM. I'm no expert on it, and never saw anything about it in the setup guides but Steve might comment- Aren't you supposed to take the deck off before you go into the furrow?

Hey- I know what that is- it's the new-and-improved version of the HoverMower... with steerable front guide-wheels to provide directional-stability on side-slopes.

I'll hafta admit, though- that machine makes my nonexistant big-left-toe hurt just thinkin' about operating that...

(Message edited by dkamp on April 27, 2004)

You guys aren't looking hard enough!! The spark plug wire has been replaced with a yellow one!!!

And somebody cut the end off of the deck chute......tsk tsk tsk

Back