• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 26, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

dmorrissette

Hello All,
It looks like some of you guys were having fun plowing. I look forward to going to one of these events someday. My 124 is almost done. I'm almost done painting the frame and body parts. The engine is all rebuilt. I should have it all put back together in a week or two. I have a second set of 10.5-12 rims for ag tires. I want to fill them w/ something for the added wt. what do I use and how do I get it in there?

Windshield washer fluid, (The stuff rated for -20 degres) lay the tire on its side and pop the bead, dump it in and re inflate.

I may have missed something here, but that is the general idea....

Dan M
I put my windshield washer fluid in tubes in my tires. I used a slow but cheap gravity method - pouring it in a funnel attached to the tube stem with clear plastic tubing. You have to burp the tire every so often so it will keep taking fluid. I don't know why, but having it inside tubes seems like a good idea to me, but I know lots of guys have used the previously described tubeless method.

Thanks for the info Tedd and Charlie. I think i'm going w/ the tube idea. It seems to make the most sence from a rust standpoint. The main ingredient in windshield wash is water.

When the 124 is all together I plan to post before and after pics.

I took a closer look DTI Tiny tach website and found that this tach has a 5 year life. The battery that is used can't be replaced. Does anyone know of a nother tach that is out there that would work on a k series?

Dan,

You need a Wyatt tire bong....

Kraig?????
happy.gif

Dan M -- I always used one of those Pepsi canisters with a hose on it for the fluid and I would use my compressor to put 150psi in the tank. No burping required or WTB's. It's a dangerous thing to do in a way but that's my middle name.
sincerly,
Ken stupid Weaver

<sub>shutup peanut gallery</sub>

Lurka, lurka, lurka,

Lurker for almost 2 years, occasional poster: 1)I want to convert my 44A deck on my 1650 to the "higher speed pulley" option. What do I need to do? 2) Did all the 1650 K341's come without balance gears? Sorry I don't live in the midwest, but I used to visit Southern Wis. N. Ill. frequently--drum & bugle corps. Thanks, mates. Dave B

Hi again I took off the fuel bowl on the 109 K241 to discover the float full of gas & the gasket in 3 pieces today I went all over but did find a new float & gasket re installed but now it will idle bbut as rpm increase wants to stall out. do I need to adjust the float and can this be done while on the engine TIA Don (total rookie)

Don,

Have you tried playing with the high speed jet? Sound to me like it needs to be adjusted...

David B. -

Glad ya mentioned that, cuz noone else around here understands...

'81 Cavaliers, soprano bugle
wink.gif

Grandmother's canasta-mate was Robert Briske's mother, perhaps you've heard of him if you're from the right era.

Batteries -

Wish me luck, with all the talk that used to go on around here with folks barely getting a season out of their batteries, the 1450's Interstate SP40 battery (installed in May of 1999) is still going strong!

hello every one well its been awhile since I posted any thing but I just picked up some kind of cub today haveing a problem figuring out what model it is did the 104 have a 12hp engine its gear dive looks like a 104 from the side but the frount looks like a 106 any ideas I bought it cause it has a frash motor in it and a 3 point hitch and the guy only wanted 200.00 bucks

(Message edited by dcorban on April 26, 2004)

Has anyone replaced the o-ring on front brake carrier on internal brakes of a 782 IH model, looks like to replace o-ring you may have to remove the diff. to get to it, if thats the case I may let it leak. Thanks for any info.

Dale -- check the serial number.

Bryan -- 6 years on the same battery in the 127.

Don B -- you may still be sucking air past the toren gasket. DON'T use an RTV in place of a gasket as it wont hold and may get sucked into the jets. Got an Exato knife and some gasket material ... a shoe box lid ... anything as a temp fix to find your problem ?

Picked up the 149, looks like a 1972 from the S/N.
I think it may be a 13 fin block!!! Is this possable? I will count them again tomorrow, but it came out to 13 fromthe top to the bottom then back up again.
18148.jpg

18149.jpg

18150.jpg

Steve B & Dan M,
I'm far from Kraig but here's Wyatt's Tire filling Bong or is this your's Steve!
18152.jpg

18153.jpg

(Message edited by cProctor on April 26, 2004)

Tedd -- every Kohler single banger I've seen is a "Lucky 13". Of course K241 , K301 are the only ones I've seen but there is a K361 in the shop that I've not touched ... wish after 6 months he'd come and take it home !!
Looks like the 149 may have a lighter socket ???
You need a bigger patio dude !
oh and the mower deck goes under the tractor
happy.gif

Digger I always thought some of you guys had been tokin something. You need a light fer dat dar thang ¿
lazerburn.gif

Had a great time at WFM, then motored up to visit an old college roomie, who sent me home with a few goodies... one of the things that followed me home was THIS;
18155.jpg

It's a Volvo-Penta liquid-cooled 2 cylinder marine diesel. It's heavy.. 260lbs with transmission. The marine gear-reduction transmission weighs about 55lbs. With the transmission on, it looks like there's no-way it'd ever fit in a Cub frame.

But take off the transmission, and it looks like this!
18156.jpg

18157.jpg

18158.jpg

So, I've got a front clip from a 1650 frame... I'll hafta stretch this 149 a tad, and find SOMETHING to use as a radiator, and a fuel tank, and make some engine mounting bracketry... but there's a fair chance I can actually make this beastie work. I'm thinkin' the hood won't clear this thing's valve-cover, but I could probably rig up a shaker-scoop to hide that fact...

Anybody good with fabbing custom exhaust out'a stainless? The manifold will be water-cooled, but the pipe will absolutely HAVE to be a big shiny stack!

But anyway, I haven't thought of a name for this beast yet- I'm open to suggestions- but it'll have two purposes in life- Plowing, and Pulling.

Ken,
That is the place I picked it up at. It has the whole where the lighter goes, but it is empty. And here I thought that the deck goes in my trunk?!?!!?
I bet your going to tell me that the blower goes on the front of the tractor and not the back.
crazy.gif
wink.gif

Sooooo bong water is better for ballsst?? Kewl dude...
deadat30.gif

OK Dave,
How about Pentunia ?? Oh, oh how about Double trouble

(Message edited by till on April 26, 2004)

Back